News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I saw this photo and immedately wanted it. I placed a "safe bid" or so I thought- Last few minutes of the auction, the price jumped 175 Euro! 201 Euro for this photo! Granted it is rare as heck, but 201 Euro is still a steep price! Are luftwaffe photos in general just more expensive? There cant be that many more chaplain collectors out there.

Photo is off of Ebay with owners mark.

Guest Rick Research

Unfortunately, my mind no longer boggles at insane people who pay insane prices to POSSESS something at any cost.

As a personality type, they are the secretive, non-participatory, gloating-in-a-3-A.M.-basement, HOARDING version of human evolution

AMASSING things that can never be resold and will presumably be tossed in the trash by whoever their sullen and resentful legacy-squandered next of kin are when the lunatics finally pass on to their eternal rewards

leaving behind rat's nests of psychiatrically grotesque purchases.

So it's really sad to see the financial manifestations of obsessive-compulsive mental disorders like this. :speechless:

The chaplain in this photo isn't wearing a LW cockade on his visor. The officer seated next to him was a pilot in WWI so...It's a nice photo, I'd probably even shell out 20 or 25 dollars for it, but not 201 Euros. Hopefully the person who bought it either has a relative in the photo or something along such lines to justify the expense.

Unfortunately, my mind no longer boggles at insane people who pay insane prices to POSSESS something at any cost.

As a personality type, they are the secretive, non-participatory, gloating-in-a-3-A.M.-basement, HOARDING version of human evolution

AMASSING things that can never be resold and will presumably be tossed in the trash by whoever their sullen and resentful legacy-squandered next of kin are when the lunatics finally pass on to their eternal rewards

leaving behind rat's nests of psychiatrically grotesque purchases.

So it's really sad to see the financial manifestations of obsessive-compulsive mental disorders like this. :speechless:

Only for you Bambi, see the price for one picture

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290176100561

Hope that one day, color photos of the 4th Class medal for clerc/veterinarians of the Pakistanese (2nd type of the 1971 issue) will drive this price - this day, one will be the Maharadjah of Bharatpur

Only for you Bambi, see the price for one picture

Hope that one day, color photos of the 4th Class medal for clerc/veterinarians of the Pakistanese (2nd type of the 1971 issue) will drive this price - this day, one will be the Maharadjah of Bharatpur

Not quite sure -- or am I?? -- what your point here is, Franky. But that photo you link seems a real :sleep::sleep:

1000 EUROS!!!??? :speechless1:

That is insane.

now better, this buyer is known to buy tons & tons of photos every weeks for years (panzer, LW, KM .....) making the hobby worse than what it is without him. This buyer is well known by the dealers (professional or not) and ruin the pleasure of collecting, but the worse is that he pays the same price for fakes and real (in fact, I heard he as a team looking/working for him) and like secretive things .................

Money drive everything and everybody !!!!!

now better, this buyer is known to buy tons & tons of photos every weeks for years (panzer, LW, KM .....) making the hobby worse than what it is without him. This buyer is well known by the dealers (professional or not) and ruin the pleasure of collecting, but the worse is that he pays the same price for fakes and real (in fact, I heard he as a team looking/working for him) and like secretive things .................

Money drive everything and everybody !!!!!

Yes, it seems sudeck13 may be a group of people who act as a conglomerate to buy these photos. I've heard Luftwaffe researches here have subsequently asked for permission to view the photos for research purposes, but have been invariably denied except for one Dr. Prien.

Ian

The chaplain in this photo isn't wearing a LW cockade on his visor. The officer seated next to him was a pilot in WWI so...It's a nice photo, I'd probably even shell out 20 or 25 dollars for it, but not 201 Euros. Hopefully the person who bought it either has a relative in the photo or something along such lines to justify the expense.

I think its more than likely another example of a bidder bidding a silly price (200 ?) hoping that with normal small incriment bidding their high price will make sure they win it. However that strategy messes up when another bidder has the same bright idea (205?).

Gentlemen. This is e-ban we are talking about. Please don't forget a seller can raise the bidding price. This is not very difficult to do. I've known and caught people doing this same thing. Not everything is as it seems on e-ban. Never use that site. Stick to places you trust, e-ban is not one of them.

Chris, wow that was too much. Although he does have nice pants. Too bad the picture isn't color.

Why is he wearing an overcoat but showing off his awards... :unsure:

Hi Robert! :) I am really not sure. I think we have seen this chaplain before in a profile shot. He looks really familiar for some reason. I'm going to dig through my files and look--its strange but I could swear I have seen him before.