News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungary - coloured photographs

Kedvenc Peter! Can you give us a quick tutorial on how to do this in Photoshop! :jumping::rolleyes:

Hello Hunyadi!

It?s not very easy to give a quick explanation on something that took me years to develop and figure out using Photoshop.

If you are not very familliar with Photoshop technic, a quick tutorial would be hard to understand. I got this question a lot so i have put together a series of pictures that i usually send explaining my technic, but for that you have to know Photoshop quite good.

I?d be happy to sent it. Just drop me an e-mail.

To give an idea of the work is behind a colouring like these, i attach a before-and-after pic one one of my latest works.

Cheeres!

Peter

Edited by Peter Nyitray

A nice thread and very good Photoshop work here. In the right hands, it is an amazing tool. But they have to be the right hands with the proper professional skill. It is so easy to overdo this and make it look like someone unleashed a kid with a box of crayons, but your work is natural and subtle. Well done! :cheers:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Can you put names on any of these, other than the obvious Bill 2 . . . ?

I try to put as much information as i know myself. Sometimes i just recive a photo with little or no information at all..

But as far as i can i will do my best to add some more information.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Photo of a private of The Hungarian Gendarmerie, known as the Csendőrs?g.

Peter, your work is absolutely amazing. I've tried it and it is not easy at all. Have you done any German or Austro-Hungarian generals?

• 5 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 1 month later...

Wow! You have an amazing talent. I use Photoshop a lot but have never tried to colorize. Could you please send me your instructions, I would love to give it a try. Oh, what is the badge some of the officers are wearing on the right side of the uniforms? Was used in WW1?