News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bringing History to life...

Alex K

Hi Larry, what intrigues me the most, is who removed the eagle?, A disgruntled owner, a Soviet soldier or the photographer?. It is difficult to determine but it may have been of gruppenfuhrer rank, if so it may narrow down who actually owned it those last few days, but I'm speculating

regards

Alex

Someone else who met a sticky end in those last days, the precise nature of his demise is uncertain, only one living person of the fuhrerbunker entourage in the last days, claims to know what happened and who did the deed, he has stated that it will go with him to the grave, Rochus Misch, radio operator. He is incidentally depicted in the film "Die Untergang"

Hermann Fegelein

Edited by Alex K

Hi Larry, what intrigues me the most, is who removed the eagle?, A disgruntled owner, a Soviet soldier or the photographer?. It is difficult to determine but it may have been of gruppenfuhrer rank, if so it may narrow down who actually owned it those last few days, but I'm speculating

regards

Alex

Someone else who met a sticky end in those last days, the precise nature of his demise is uncertain, only one living person of the fuhrerbunker entourage in the last days, claims to know what happened and who did the deed, he has stated that it will go with him to the grave, Rochus Misch, radio operator. He is incidentally depicted in the film "Die Untergang"

Hermann Fegelein

Hello Alex

Which incident are you talking about? Fegeleins?

Ditto! Matter of fact, thinking of organising a commando raid to wreck your satellite dish so you stay glued to your computer! ;)

Count me in. Would enjoy a trip to Europe. You have enough influence to line up a CC 117?

Larry

Hello Alex

Which incident are you talking about? Fegeleins?

Larry

Fegeleins execution, Historically he had more or less deserted the bunker and was eventually tracked down to his apartment just of the Unter Dem Linden, he appeared prepared to a do a "Runner", he was brought back to the bunker and given a Courts Martial, in the end, and it is from here that it gets murky, he was either sentenced to death by Hitler, or someone mistook the order, some say he was taken out into the Reichschancellery garden and shot, others say he was executed in a cellar in the RK. Some say he was wearing his unifrom others say he was in civvies, To add to the confusion it seems that he had personal papers in his posession which implicated Himmler in negotiations with the allies via Sweden, which may well have cheesed Hitler off a bit. , that's the mystery.

regards

Alex

Edited by Alex K

Ditto! Matter of fact, thinking of organising a commando raid to wreck your satellite dish so you stay glued to your computer! ;)

To be honest with you I do spend far to much time infront of my PC, but it does get slightly addictive, maybe I should contact Colourisations anoymous :unsure:

Hi Alex,

I would really love to have a few done for the Book project, could you PM me your email, I will send you some to look at and you can see if they would be of interest.

This is the most fantastic work I have seem on old photos!!

Hi Chris, I will send you a pm, regards

Alex

Hi TacHel, yes strange as it may seem, he did wear unique collar tabs, my colourisation is based on information obtained here, (Should actually show his real uniform).

regards

Alex

http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Framepage.htm

you may need to dig around, but "Luftwaffe insignia, additional examples" is where you should find them.

ps one very small change which is more accurate but i suspect will not be noticed, (Hopefully)

Edited by Alex K

Hi TacHel, yes strange as it may seem, he did wear unique collar tabs, my colourisation is based on information obtained here, (Should actually show his real uniform).

regards

Alex

http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Framepage.htm

you may need to dig around, but "Luftwaffe insignia, additional examples" is where you should find them.

ps one very small change which is more accurate but i suspect will not be noticed, (Hopefully)

Well I'll be darned! Thanks for the link and info, I learned something new today. :cheers:

Hi I think it's a good reference site for the Uniform buffs, as many are from the actual big-wigs that wore them. For me to see the actual uniform gives me the level of accuracy I like when colourising

regards