Generaloberst G?nther R?del

I was amazed when a high end collector and friend of mine informed me of his latest acquisition!! I have been looking to see a color image of his collar tabs for a while! Now we have his entire uniform. The name of the collector and the source, I am not allowed to disclose. However, he has granted me permission to post the images.

Admittedly, the collar tabs and chest eagle have been replaced. They were found in a pocket on the tunic. The shoulderboards have never been removed.

How about the underside of the tabs? I have always wondered what kept the projecting wings from snapping off. :speechless1:

The eagles were embroidered then applied to the tab. I dont think that they would snap off. I will ask the owner if he can make some more images.

The eagles were embroidered then applied to the tab. I dont think that they would snap off. I will ask the owner if he can make some more images.

I have never seen a Luft General with a color other than white on the tabs and boards. Did Artillery generals normally wear red?

I have never seen a Luft General with a color other than white on the tabs and boards. Did Artillery generals normally wear red?

Dear Charles,

All general officers wore white except Generaloberst Rudel. He was given special permission to have red underlay denoting flak since he was head of all Luftwaffe flak.

The tabs pictured were manufactured by the firm Thiele and Steinhert (sp??).

Attached is a press release of Generaloberst Rudel showing these very same tabs and a photo of reverse of "regular" GenObst tabs made by T&S.

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

Hola Paul..What a treat..I about flipped my coffee on the monitor. This is so special I would like to suggest larger and more HI DEF images, please. For those many of us who will never see the original, especially future collectors and historians,a series of large and detailed images would be a wonderful. Many thanks,John Wilson

Paul,

I have been traveling so this has been my first opportunity to see this. Words fail me! After writing about him in my book I really love seeing the uniform. So amazing - one lucky friend you have as I would give anything just to see it in person let alone own it. The PINNACLE for any Flak lover!

Marc

WOW! This one is truly a stunner! I have been wondering for quite some time what the tabs would look like in color. This set is amazing.

Paul, if you have the chance, please get a shot of the maker's and name tags.

Bill

Edited by luftguy

WOW! This one is truly a stunner! I have been wondering for quite some time what the tabs would look like in color. This set is amazing.

Paul, if you have the chance, please get a shot of the maker's and name tags.

Bill

Thanks Guys. What other detailed shots are you wanting? I will ask the owner.

Regards

Paul