News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

How many DSWA-clasps have you ever seen on one bar?

That is the question........ how many clasps for the german southwest-africa medal have you ever seen on one medal / medal-bar.... not on egay or other monster market places.... not put together by some usual suspects...... NO ....... IN WEAR !!! :catjava:

How many ??? Two , three...? maybe four ? OK, there are some high officers I know with some clasps but that is not usual... but we are talking about a "normal" soldier...........

here we have him with :jumping::jumping::jumping:

6 clasps !!!

Unfortunately the medal bar is not very clear so the only clasp I can read 100% is the second from below - it is Karas-Berge

Enjoy this very rare picture :love:

What are the second set of loops on the tunic for? LS?

Amazing spange on the ribbon. Pity we can't read all of them.

Nice Colonial mounted Group turned up in auction at Morton and Eden 3 Oct 2003, EK 1914, 14-18 commemorative, Colonial Medal 5 clasps Togo 1897, 1898, 1899, 1900, SudwestAfrika 1903-04, SWA medal 4 claspsHereroland, Onganjira, Waterberg, Omaruru, made nearly £1,000 then.

Paul

Outstanding!! What's his rank? Are those one year volunteer epalettes?

Hmmmm...back to ponder who and what he could be after lunch. Some sort of Tanzanian/Namibian Landwehr NCO?

Ulsterman, these are the regular enlisted men and non-comm. officers straps of the imperial colonial troops Schutztruppe.

the rank appears to be that of an Unteroffizier.

Edited by Naxos

• 1 year later...

That is the question........ how many clasps for the german southwest-africa medal have you ever seen on one medal / medal-bar?

How about 14? I believe that's the whole collection with the exceptions of the Kalahari 1907 and 1908 clasps, isn't it?

post-2838-033196100 1290629257_thumb.jpg

It's on display at the Imperial War Museum. Of course it seems unlikely it was issued to one soldier and is probably a compilation of people's medals. Nice to see them together though...

Cheers

Chris