News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sukhbaatar Order

Vatjan

Hi Dolf, yep the "ugly" one is up top.

Of the list of SB's that I'm actively looking for (i.e. specific numbers) the two low numbers belong to the Sodnomdarjaa group (i.e. I have his early Soviet screwpost red banner, http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36164&hl=sodnomdarjaa&st=0) and they are the ones I'd REALLY love to get my hands on. That'll undoubtedly be difficult though... SB's with that low numbers aren't on the market often, and certainly not at sane prices. E.g. collectrussia now as nr 607 for sale for 4900,- USD. In my eyes, that's really excessive in the current market... on the other hand, there's not another one for sale right now (aside from that pinback on eBay the other day) so who can blame Igor? Unforunately, pepoel do refer to his prices as the standard... so probably my SB collecting days are over, I'll be happy with what I have now. Although, there are still 1-2 items for which I'd break the bank... a hero star (i regret not bidding when one was up for auction a year ago) and a type 1 Polar Star for example.

Thanks for your other comments - I guess (and guess is all it is) that roughly 2100 "classic" SB's exist... time will tell:) SB's are amazingly beautiful, and one can only hope for someday also being able to research them!

"SB's with that low numbers aren't on the market often, and certainly not at sane prices. E.g. collectrussia now as nr 607 for sale for 4900,- USD."

Right.

I know.

"In my eyes, that's really excessive in the current market..."

Well, imho if it wasn't the global crisis, the current market price would probably be higher...

"...there are still 1-2 items for which I'd break the bank... a type 1 Polar Star for example."

Imho most probably the nicest Mongolian Order, with A 1 (Dr. Battushig's reference) following it very closely.

Dolf

Hello There ,

Dear Bob , first of all , i really wish to congratulate you for your knowledge about the Mongolian Orders and your beautiful collection of Sukhbaatars..

All my life , i am very happy when I learn that , those spiritual and on the other hand valuable items belong to the ones , whom can feel them , whom can care them like you and our other friends here in GMIC.

Not as much as you have but.... a little collection Sbs and Lenins...

All the best ,

Avsar

Edited by avsaribar

"SB's with that low numbers aren't on the market often, and certainly not at sane prices. E.g. collectrussia now as nr 607 for sale for 4900,- USD."

Right.

I know.

"In my eyes, that's really excessive in the current market..."

Well, imho if it wasn't the global crisis, the current market price would probably be higher...

"...there are still 1-2 items for which I'd break the bank... a type 1 Polar Star for example."

Imho most probably the nicest Mongolian Order, with A 1 (Dr. Battushig's reference) following it very closely.

Dolf

Mmm scary thought that things could be even more expensive once recession is over:(

It puzzles me why there's so few type 1 polar stars ever for sale. It seems like there's always a Soyombo or two on the market somewhere, but type 1 polar star... virtually never.

• 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Who can tell me the weight of their?

I think the weights are mentioned earlier in this thread. Unfortunately all my SB's are in a safe place where I can't easily access them (fortunately they keep themselves company in a fairly large group:))

For SB caretakers, I am always interested in acquiring more SB's for my collection:

- Low numbered (i.e. <200) screwback SB's

- Gigher number DOCUMENTED SB's

- Documented SB as part of larger documented group

- SB awardee documents without the actual SB

Shoot me a private message in case you are interested in a transaction.

• 2 months later...

Just in: initial (more to come I hope!) research on the recipient of the documented screwback SB number 747 in my possession. History coming to life! :jumping:

"Sharavjamts Shadavtsoodol was born in Tugrug village of Uvurkhangai province in 1921. He was drafted to the Mongolian People’s Revolutionary Army in 1939. Shadavtsoodol graduated from the Artillery intermediate school in Tambov town, the Soviet Union in 1945.

In 1958, the shooting sports club was set up under the Voluntary Society to assist the People’s Army (Mongolian DOSAAF). Major Shadavtsoodol was commissioned to the club where he served as a trainer in shooting from 1958-1964. From 1964-1973, Lieutenant Colonel Shadavtsoodol served as the trainer in shooting at the General Military School. He was discharged from the active military service in 1973.

Shadavtsoodol is considered as one of the founders of the Mongolian Shooting sports. He started to practice the shooting sports in 1955. In 1959, he scored 509 in AB-5 exercise and thereby winning the title of the Sport’s Master. He set the record of the shooting of the Mongolian People’s Republic three times. Shadavtsoodol also holds the title of the “Best Hunter of the MPR”.

Most of all, Shadavtsoodol contributed enormously to strengthening Mongolian shooting sports and its personnel."

He received his SB in 1971: 50th birthday SB? Maybe more on that later... :cheers:

Unrelated to previous couple of posts but interesting:

http://visualrian.com/images/item/731864

Sonomyn Luvsan fastening the Order of Sukhe-Bator on the banner of Kyakhta (Buryatia)

Categories:

Arts, Culture & Entertainment, Politics

Description:

A gala meeting of working people of Kyakhta devoted to the presentation of the Order of Sukhe-Bator to the city. Sonomyn Luvsan, Politburo member of the Central Committee of the Mongolian People's Revolutionary Party, First Deputy Chairman of the Presidium of the State Great Hural of Mongolia, fastens the Order of Sukhe-Bator on the banner of Kyakhta (Buryatia, 1974)

http://visualrian.com/images/item/53753

Leonid Brezhnev receives Order of Sukhe-Bator

Categories:

Politics

Description:

Yumzhagiin Tsedenbal, First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Mongolian People's Revolutionary Party and Chairman of the Council of Ministers (Government) of the Mongolian People's Republic (left), reads out decree of the Great People's Khural (Parliament) on awarding Leonid Brezhnev (right) the Order of Sukhe-Bator.

Russia, Moscow

Date of event:

Forgot the scan...

post-679-055672700 1286608014_thumb.jpg

And, here's something interesting that found its way to me... and which may also help others (assuming SB's were awarded in same order as names below).

"The Decree of the Presidium of the People’s Great Khural

of the Mongolian People’s Republic

11 November 1989 Number 180 Ulaanbaatar

On awarding some people with the orders and medals

The Presidium of the People’s Great Khural of the Mongolian People’s Republic decrees:

To award the following individuals with the orders and medals of the Mongolian People’s Republic for long, fruitful and active labor in the agricultural sector of the country.

The Order of Sukhbaatar:

1. Balbaryn Gomboragchaa Head of the “New Life” collective farm of Chuluut soum of Arhangai province

2. Sanatbain Hadan Herder of the Bayannuur farm in Bayan-Ulgii province

3. Baasandambyn Samdandorj Driver of the Harvesting machine of “Sansar” fodder preparation station in Bulgan province

4. Dendeviin Ulziihutag Herder of the “Tuya” collective farm in Dalanjargalan soum of Dornogobi province

5. Maamanhugiin Baldorj Herder of the “Jargalant” collective farm in Tsogt-Ovoo soum of Umnugobi aimag

6. Gendengiin Monhooroi General accountant of the “Sukhbaatar’s path” collective farm in Uulbayan soum of Sukhbaatar aimag

7. Samdangiin Bud Leader of the hay preparation brigade of “Salhyt” fodder preparation station of Sukhbaatar aimag

8. Gandangiin Namjildorj Director of the plant under the collective farms in Tuv aimag

9. Godnomdarjaagiin Damdinsuren Director of the “Bayantsogt” farm in Tuv aimag

10. Peljidiin Boloosh Mechanic of the “Jargalant” farm in Tuv

aimag

11. Ochiryn Dashdendev Director of the “Youth” farm in Tuv aimag

12. Khorloogiin Tsendbayar Head of Crop section of the fodder prepration station in Erdenesant soum of Tuv aimag

13. Rentsengiin Uhnaa Herder of the “Davshilt” collectiver farm in Zuunhangai soum of Uvs aimag

14. Tangadyn Dalantai Herder of the “Tsog” collective farm in Umnugobi soum of Uvs aimag

15. Luvsannyamyn Byambadorj Herder of the “Soyol” collective farm in Buyant soum of Khovd aimag

Chairman of the Presidium of People’s Great Khural (signed) J. Batmumkh

Secretary of the Presidium of People’s Great Khural (signed) Ts. Gotov"

Rereading the roles some of these SB recipients had: "

"Leader of the hay preparation brigade of “Salhyt” fodder preparation station of Sukhbaatar aimag"

Hay preparation bridage - that's just brilliant :cheeky: :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Just in: initial (more to come I hope!) research on the recipient of the documented screwback SB number 747 in my possession. History coming to life! :jumping:

"Sharavjamts Shadavtsoodol was born in Tugrug village of Uvurkhangai province in 1921. He was drafted to the Mongolian People’s Revolutionary Army in 1939. Shadavtsoodol graduated from the Artillery intermediate school in Tambov town, the Soviet Union in 1945.

In 1958, the shooting sports club was set up under the Voluntary Society to assist the People’s Army (Mongolian DOSAAF). Major Shadavtsoodol was commissioned to the club where he served as a trainer in shooting from 1958-1964. From 1964-1973, Lieutenant Colonel Shadavtsoodol served as the trainer in shooting at the General Military School. He was discharged from the active military service in 1973.

Shadavtsoodol is considered as one of the founders of the Mongolian Shooting sports. He started to practice the shooting sports in 1955. In 1959, he scored 509 in AB-5 exercise and thereby winning the title of the Sport’s Master. He set the record of the shooting of the Mongolian People’s Republic three times. Shadavtsoodol also holds the title of the “Best Hunter of the MPR”.

Most of all, Shadavtsoodol contributed enormously to strengthening Mongolian shooting sports and its personnel."

He received his SB in 1971: 50th birthday SB? Maybe more on that later... :cheers:

More on Lt. Colonel Sharavjamts Shadavtsoodol:

Sharavjamts Shadavtsoodol was born in Tugrug village of Uvurkhangai province on March 1, 1921.

In 1939: Private of Mongolian People’s Revolutionary Army.

1939-1940: Weapons maintenance course at the Artillery intermediate school in Tambov town, the Soviet Union.

1940-1943: Weapons repair officer at the Motorized brigade of the Mongolian People’s Revolutionary Army.

1943-1945: Studied at Artillery intermediate school in Tambov town, the Soviet Union.

1945-1948: Commander of the Artillery repair workshop at the Motorized brigade of the Mongolian People’s Revolutionary Army.

1948-1956: Commander of the Artillery repair workshop at the Tank regiment of the Mongolian People’s Revolutionary Army.

1956-1957: Commander of Artillery repair workshop of the Mongolian People’s Revolutionary Army.

1957-1958: Commander of the platoon of the motorized rifle battalion #1 (In 1957, the Army was reformed and thousands of the officers were transferred to civil organizations)

1958-1961: Shooting trainer at Voluntary Society to assist the People’s Army (Mongolian DOSAAF).

1961-1964: Senior shooting trainer at Voluntary Society to assist the People’s Army (Mongolian DOSAAF).

1964-1973: Trainer in shooting at the General Military School.

1973: Discharged from the active military service.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in, some preliminary research on SB 695

post-679-016713100 1288542333_thumb.jpg

"In December 1960, the new “Galuut” collective farm was founded in Tsagaan Ovoo county of Dornod province. The Chairman of the Tsagaan-Ovoo county comrade Dorjiin Batkhuyag was appointed to head the “Galuut” cooperative farm. Within a few years, Comrade Batkhuyag managed to strengthen the new cooperative farm and transform the farm into one of the best farms of the Mongolian People’s Republic. The farm showed high results in agricultural production for two decades. At the same time, conditions of the agricultural workers and farmers of the cooperative have been significantly improved. For outstanding agricultural productions, the “Galuut” cooperative was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor Valor by the Decree # 272 of the Presidium of the People’s Great Khural in December 1969. For excellent leadership and management of the farm, the Chairman of the farm comrade Dorjiin Batkhuyag was awarded the Order of Sukhbaatar on December 18, 1969."

Excerpt from the book on History of Dornod province of Mongolia. Ulaanbaatar. 1993.

...and also:

"2117.14. Dorjiin Batkhuyag was born in 1921 at Khalkha Gol county of Dornod aimag. He was bestowed the title of the Merited Collective Farmer by the Decree of the Decree # 182 of the Presidium of the People’s Great Khural on June 26, 1981 when he was heading the “Galuut” collective farm in Tsagaan Ovoo county of Dornod province.

He was distinguished for his many years of excellent management of the collective farms in Dornod province and especially for strengthening the agricultural and financial capacity of the “Galuut” collective farm in Tsagaan Ovoo county. He was also respected by the workers for his care for the workers and efforts to improve their living conditions. "

That last bit is from the blue book of bio's. He's in there as he won a merit title. Page 668.