News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SOS was worth the trip this year. I picked up a nice group and a nice single. First, the group - an 1870 EK group with a Lippe-Detmold Silver Merit Cross. The Bar combo. points to the 7th Div., which included the 55th IR, the 3rd Battl. of which was from Lippe:

:shame: A nice Lippe-medalbar, which is NOT in my collection???? :banger:

Indeed a ver nice medalbar...congratulations!

BUT....

At the last position is a wrong medal mounted. In my opinion the ribbon belongs to a 1897-medal of Lippe Detmold

"Erinnungsmedaille an den Einzug des Grafregenten Ernst".

According to the other awards on the medalbar this 1897-medal is the most possible one, too.

Best regards

Roman

That certainly could fit with that ribbon. I just wonder though, would a Lippe award be mounted behind the Wilhelm Centenary Medal on a Lippe group?

The Lippe-award is the only "real" civil award on the medalbar. Due to this, it is mounted at the correct position.

By the way the owner should have been a Sergeant in the I.R. No.55 (10th comp.) :whistle:

Best regards

Roman

By the way the owner should have been a Sergeant in the I.R. No.55 (10th comp.) 2014.gif

Best regards

Roman

Just curious, I had already narrowed this down to the 3rd Battl. of IR 55 as likely. Is there something that points to the 10th Comp.? Or does the combination point to one or a few specific individuals.

Many thanks for your excellent info.

Or does the combination point to one or a few specific individuals.

I found one person, who could match to this medalbar (Sergeant IR 55 / 10th comp.).

My lists confirm all awards on that medalbar, but he got

later (in 1905) two additional awards from Lippe-Detmold, which are not at the medalbar.

Either this is his medalbar before 1905 or I have to search for another person.

Please give me some additional time to re-check everything.

Best regards

Roman

Solomon, What are your sources?

The same sources, my dear friend Rick uses :cool:

Additionally, I´m living about 30 km away from Detmold and its archive and I digitalized the 1897-medal-awardlist for Rick.

So I quite know, what I´m talking about...

Best regards

Roman

• 1 year later...