News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Now that is a beautiful bar, Beau!

(sorry for double posting blush.gif )

Indeed! love.gif

The combination of noncombatant cross 1866 and combatant medal 1870 is a typical for a medical officer like this one:

Edited by Komtur

Here a bar i have had for 20 yrs or so i had some issues wrong medal where crown order is ( Replaced with original 4th cl on old ribbon Just tacked it to itself can be removed if need be I think its correct now) also had a fake repeat bar added i got rid of it!!! still not sure of the 25 oakleaf? Someone polished medals but they are ageing well! I always thought rest of bar was good?

Here a bar i have had for 20 yrs or so i had some issues wrong medal where crown order is ( Replaced with original 4th cl on old ribbon Just tacked it to itself can be removed if need be I think its correct now) also had a fake repeat bar added i got rid of it!!! still not sure of the 25 oakleaf? Someone polished medals but they are ageing well! I always thought rest of bar was good?

Bar researches out to 2nd Cav. division i believe? due to battle bars

i believe bar is good just someone dr it up.!!! i figured putting Crown order on would not be bad restro. even though ribbon was a bit crappy

Nice and in my opinion old original bar, but the Crown Order could be a 3rd class too, as to be seen here.

BTW again a Sanitätsoffizier!

Regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

Here is a Frackbar of an unknown Doc, Priest...

VERY NICE cheers.gif

But definitely NO medical officer (ALWAYS combatant 1870 medal in combination with EK2 on white ribbon!), it could only be a priest more likely a Militärbeamter.

Kind regards,

Komtur.

VERY NICE cheers.gif

But definitely NO medical officer (ALWAYS combatant 1870 medal in combination with EK2 on white ribbon!), it could only be a priest more likely a Militärbeamter.

Kind regards,

Komtur.

Not a doc., a Priest or Militärbeamter...great info Komtur!

Also, imagine the length of time shown here. Nearly 30 years or more, covering from 1866 to 1895. If he was 18 in 1866 he would have been 48 when he earned the 25 year clasp. Maybe he was much older. Mounted frack style to accommodate the lapels on the suit coat. Suggesting that he was with the 3rd, 9th or 10th AK in 1870.

Now this is conjecture, and maybe it is incorrect so please tell me know if this likely or not. I'm leaning toward this being a low level Militärbeamter and not a priest, because priest didn't wear suit coats. They wore a cassock. It doesn’t have lapels that you have to accommodate for.

I suppose one photo of a priest wearing a frack medal bar would dispel this theory.

• 1 year later...

VERY NICE :cheers:

Kind regards,

Komtur.

wieso? I have seen two sets of docs of noncom medals awarded to Arzts after they were originally awarded the combat campaign medal. The EK2 weiss band roll doesn't have many people on it who were at Mars La Tour.

• 3 weeks later...