News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It's not the Kanonier Roth's, but the (70/71) Lazarettgehilfen Röth's. He later had a pretty good court job that more than explains half of his awards: Schloss-Verwalter in Baden(-Baden). He "managed" this castle: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neues_Schloss_%28Baden-Baden%29

ps: for everybody who is interested in this auction piece which I will win tomorrow:

You won it, you said? Now did you?

It's not the Kanonier Roth's, but the (70/71) Lazarettgehilfen Röth's. He later had a pretty good court job that more than explains half of his awards: Schloss-Verwalter in Baden(-Baden). He "managed" this castle: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neues_Schloss_%28Baden-Baden%29

Architecturally that is a great looking castle. New Castle :rolleyes: from 1479? That probably refers to the renovation in 1843.

I would love to stay there, but I guess I will just have to wait until 2013. ;) When they open the hotel, the medalbar would have made a great display in the lobby as the previous manager of the estate.

When they open the hotel, the medalbar would have made a great display in the lobby as the previous manager of the estate.

Probably, yes. But don't tell the investors from Kuwait. ;)

Architecturally that is a great looking castle. New Castle :rolleyes: from 1479? That probably refers to the renovation in 1843.

I'm not sure (I'm not from Baden-Baden), but assume it refers to the "Old Castle" from 11th century. "New" is nothing but a point of view. :cheeky:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss_Hohenbaden

Well, it depends... I would have gladly spend around 4500-5000 but 9600 is too much for me. Obviously somebody else didn't think like you... but let me tell you than in this bar there are a couple of medals that well worth around 1000 Eur if not more... the Persian medal at the end, for example is made of gold, a named Silberne Medaille des MKFVO and also the Grosse goldene Verdienstmedaille - also Gold - (OEK 208, Eur 2'100.- in 2008).

Well, it depends... I would have gladly spend around 4500-5000 but 9600 is too much for me. Obviously somebody else didn't think like you... but let me tell you than in this bar there are a couple of medals that well worth around 1000 Eur if not more... the Persian medal at the end, for example is made of gold, a named Silberne Medaille des MKFVO and also the Grosse goldene Verdienstmedaille - also Gold - (OEK 208, Eur 2'100.- in 2008).

no, no, no...My remark in not meant to be disparaging in any way. When I was appreciating it I had not even given it a thought that there were no enamel awards. I only just now realized there were no enamels. It was only an observation.

As I said, statistically it is interesting that there is no enamel award, but the kind of the awards that are present, as well as all belonging to an identifiable person is laudable.

Claudio, that's just a "Kleine Goldene Verdienstmedaille". You can compare it to the silver one - the large gold is as large as the silver is - about 40 mm.

The bar might have made the 10,000 mark if it were the big one... those are hardly ever seen... :whistle:

• 4 years later...