News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

unfortunately no close-ups; but description in German:

15 awards:

Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse, 1870, mit silberner Blattspange 25 Jahre

goldenes Kriegsverdienstkreuz vom Zähringer Löwen

kleine goldene Friedrich-Verdienstmedaille

Karl-Friedrich-Medaille "dem Tapferen Roth"

Friedrich I. große silberne Verdienstmedaille mit Gefechtsspangen

Badische Verdienstmedaille Leopold, zwei Gefechtsspangen 1870/1871

Jubiläumsmedaille Friedrich von Baden

Jubiläumsabzeichen

Zentenar-Medaille

Medaille des Roten Adler

silbernem Verdienstkreuz Sachsen

silbernes Verdienstmedaille Sachsen

silbernes Verdienstkreuz

norwegische goldene Medaille

persische goldene Medaille.

I do not want to sell it...wrong section (I guess)

Thank you...just discussion...

Greetings also from Marge Simpson :speechless1:

5000 is a lot of money to pay without some decent photographs. Also, you will need to post a photograph of the back.

Thank you.

How do you like it?

Fantastic and rare, especially the second medal (golden cross of merit of the Zähringer Lion)

Price about 5000 e.

Misiu

Hello Misiu:

Thank you for discussing this fantastic group. This group probably belonged to Kanonier Joseph Roth of a FAR who was awarded the MKFVM on March 4, 1871. I do not think that the €5.000 price is too out of line. If you add-up the values of the original awards and consider the fact that the recipient is known, in auction, there would be strong bidding for this group and this price would probably be reached without much problem. From what I see, the bar is 100% original (even with the low-resolution photo and without seeing the reverse).

Best regards,

"SPM"

ps: By the way, the rarest and most desirable award on this bar is not the OZL Merit Cross, it is the Military Karl Friedrich Order Merit Medal.

Edited by Schießplatzmeister

\

This group probably belonged to Kanonier Joseph Roth of a FAR who was awarded the MKFVM on March 4, 1871.

Best regards,

"SPM"

ps: By the way, the rarest and most desirable award on this bar is not the OZL Merit Cross, it is the Military Karl Friedrich Order Merit Medal.

I think the bar belonged to Johann Peter Röth

During the Franco-Prussian War Röth served as a Lazarettgehilfe in 6th coy 5. Badisches Infanterieregiment Nr. 113. He was awarded the KFMVM on February 15, 1871 and the Iron Cross II class on March 6, 1871.

Edited by Naxos

I think the bar belonged to Johann Peter Röth

During the Franco-Prussian War Röth served as a Lazarettgehilfe in 3rd coy 5. Badisches Infanterieregiment Nr. 113. He was awarded the KFMVM on February 15, 1871 and the Iron Cross II class on March 6, 1871.

Hello Naxos:

I missed this recipient as I didn't see him listed in the Zelosko series.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Correction, Johann Peter Röth served in the 6th coy of the 5th Baden Infantry Regiment.

Hello SPM, I could not find the Kanonier Roth as an Iron Cross II recipient for 1871.

post-1062-026449100 1290806552_thumb.jpg

According to the Regimental History Johann Peter Röth was awarded the CFMVM for his bravery shown on December 3rd, 1870 at the battle of Vendenesse near Dijon.

Edited by Naxos

Correction, Johann Peter Röth served in the 6th coy of the 5th Baden Infantry Regiment.

Hello SPM, I could not find the Kanonier Roth as an Iron Cross II recipient for 1871.

post-1062-026449100 1290806552_thumb.jpg

According to the Regimental History Johann Peter Röth was awarded the CFMVM for his bravery shown on December 3rd, 1870 at the battle of Vendenesse near Dijon.

Hello Naxos:

I believe that you are 100% correct! I was looking at the name as "Roth" as the only possibility as that was what was listed by Misiu. I did not even consider Johann Peter Röth who IS listed in the Zelosko series. Johann Peter Röth makes perfect sense.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Thanx for all the answers to this Medal Bar.

If sb is deeply interested in it - it is not the sales forum here - but...I am willing to let it flow away...pls pm if closers pics are needed as well as if the medal bar should find a new home. thanx.

If sb is deeply interested in it - it is not the sales forum here - but...I am willing to let it flow away...pls pm if closers pics are needed as well as if the medal bar should find a new home. thanx.

It will find a new home, for sure. Posibly here. ;)

I hope I'm missreading when I understand you are offering something that is not in your estate...

ps: for everybody who is interested in this auction piece which I will win tomorrow:

www.peege.de

==> why not to inform other collectors about next auction?

ps ps: is there a section where we could start such a thread??

ps: for everybody who is interested in this auction piece which I will win tomorrow:

www.peege.de

==> why not to inform other collectors about next auction?

ps ps: is there a section where we could start such a thread??

You are a bold gentleman Misiu. Your notification of the auktion is very chivalrous and somewhat challenging on your part. Others may keep their own council as to their plans, but I will at least say for myself that I will not bid against you for this outstanding medal bar.

Good Luck.

PS: If (when) you win the bar please provide some close-up photos. I think that we all would like to get a good look at this one. Thank you.