News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thank you Daniel for explaining the bow. :cheers:

Paul unfortunately these are the only photos, taken from eBay. :banger:

Gentlemen, what is doubtful about the ribbon bar? Is it the combination (there does seem to be a lot of blue ribbons)? The lack of devices perhaps?

As I stated before I had a bid on this bar....maybe it is a good thing I lost this auction chaps? :whistle:

Best wishes

Matt

I don't have any doubts at all, I plain do not like it.

Primary concern is the bow device itself; which is so <expletive deleted> rare on a bar of this style (post 1915); that the presence therof is enough to make me have serious doubts as to authenticity.

Thank you Gentlemen for sharing your opinions and expertise. :beer: I have learnt something from this discussion and I hope others reading it have also.

I am glad I was lucky enough to dodged the bullet on this one. :blush:

Best wishes and thanks,

Matt

Once prices soared through the roof on ribbon bars the fakers become far more sophisticated. Over the last 20 years or so what I have learned is that if there's a bell going offing my head, I should listen to it! (sometimes it's a good bell btw)

With this bar and no ID, and questionable bow, I would run away. Other's would not and that's Ok because I am in no way an expert on anything. The real expert is Rick Research, Daniel Krause and the pool of knowledge associated with all the fellows doing research. If they don't make a sign of the cross over it I would not personally touch it with a ten foot pole.

But I am old, tired and had enough bad decisions over the years to know when it's time for me to take a pass.

I put the old 5X glasses on and looked closer at the device attaching the bow. It's something i am still not comfortable with, nor do i like the backing. But the pix are crap and as my Neurosurgeon says "they are not of diagnostic quality".

Cheers! & Happy Christmas, Rick

I am also a liitle bit worried about theese bow ribbon bars , I´ve seen no less then two :speechless1: for sale in Sweden this year looking very similar to this ebay one .

Maybe someone has started manufacturing this type of ribbon bars recently ?

I hope Santa bring you nice presents this christmas, a smile, a hug and good health being the best

we can wish for , but if he absolutely want to give me a EK I 1870 i don´t mind :whistle:

Merry Christmas all

Christer

• 3 months later...

I would like to hold it in my hands for a proper inspection.

How about Altenburg? (bitte ggf. kurz vorher nochmal erinnern!)

The thread starter found it's way to me last weekend, and: I (still) like everything about it. I'm pretty confident he (the wearer) has just not been found due to incomplete lists...

:whistle:

How about Altenburg? (bitte ggf. kurz vorher nochmal erinnern!)

The thread starter found it's way to me last weekend, and: I (still) like everything about it. I'm pretty confident he (the wearer) has just not been found due to incomplete lists...

:whistle:

Saschaw,

Good on you for sticking to your guns on this one. :cheers: I guess things sometimes are not always as they seem. ;) Best of luck with the ID.

Best wishes

Matt