News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

I am considering buying this medal bar, currently on eBay.

Two things worry me;

The minty ribbons

The Bavarian Long Service Medal placed after the EK2. I would expect it to be after the Bavarian MVK.

I would be interested in hearing your opinions Gentlemen. :cheers:

My thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

You are right about the two things. The ribbons are too new to be honest. Do you know the seller ? The medals looks good to me so probably you can buy it for the value of the medal only. LEt's see what the others gentlemen have to say.

Christophe

Hi Matt,

You are right about the two things. The ribbons are too new to be honest. Do you know the seller ? The medals looks good to me so probably you can buy it for the value of the medal only. LEt's see what the others gentlemen have to say.

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

I do not know the seller personally. His eBay user ID is flamebellow.

Edit: The medal bar has a "Buy It Now" price of $450USD. :unsure:

Best wishes

Matt

Edited by M Hunter

It is clearly something someone put together recently. The ribbons, the mounting, the precedence are all wrong, and the combination is questionable at best: a soldier no higher than Gefreiter with decorations from 5 different states. I would value it at no more than the total of the individual medals, which at least appear OK.

Hi Matt,

I don't like anything of that bar: the different aging of the medals' patina, the brandnew ribbons and textile backing. I especially also don't like the type of needle device on the back. Enough said... ;-)

I wouldn't touch that bar even with a 10 meters pole... ;-)

Ciao,

Claudio