I thought guys you would love to see this beautiful collection of medals awarded to one man, including Godet marked ordenspange, miniaturkette, and knopflochschleife.

It is offered on one russian militaria site with great photos. Recipient is not named, all what is written there is "collection of medals awarded to german diplomat".

http://www.frontmeda...alog/t1402.html

PS: I think, garfordhouse, your theory about ruskies hating german militaria is definitely in ruins, hehe.

PS: I think, garfordhouse, your theory about ruskies hating german militaria is definitely in ruins, hehe.

Fantastic group!!

I have seen some sensational stuff in Russian collections, and lets not forget, many German dealers have their sites in Russian as well... not without reason.

Best

Chris

Thanks for sharing this! A wonderful grouping. Too bad St. Sava & Civil Merit stars are missing--looks like the Civil Merit Order is first class rather than a grand cross, based on badge size, sash width & lack of bow. Wonder why the ribbon bar displays 2 Sava ribbons. The Sava mini looks to have a first type reverse.

You mean Adolf Gitler? Gimmler, Gitler, Gebels, Gering, Godet... you in Moscow must think all important german names begins with G, hehe.

Regards mate

Of course I am!

Tell you the truth sometimes I don't even have time to choose between H or G.

Whole day long I am busy with hiding from wild bears (streets are full of them in Moscow).

Cheers mate

"Ruskies (what kind of word is thiz? "Mamka mleko, yayka, bistro!" :lol:) hating german militaria"?!?

Are you kidding me?!

After soviet (and maybe Imperial Russia) this is one of the most active collecting segment in phaleristic/militaria russian community.

Regards,

Nick

Edited by JapanX