News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 3 weeks later...

The Marine-Hitlerjugend had also many para-military training camps which were not all located at a sea shore:

• Marine-HJ Ausbildungslager, [Naval HJ training camp] at the Wörther See (in Kärnten, Austria);
    • Reichsseesportschule I, named “Gorch Fock”, at Prieros South-East of berlin in Gebiet 2 (Mark Brandenburg);
    • Reichsseesportschule II, at Seemos, near Friedrichshafen on the Bodensee at the Ferman-Austrian border, in the Gebiet 21 (Baden);
    • Reichsseesportschule III, named “Admiral von Trotha”, tatZiegenort (Kreis Uckermünde) at the Stettiner Haf, in the Gebiet 5 (Pommern);
    • Reichsseesportschule IV, at Neusiedl am See, in Lauenhain / Mittweida, in the Gebiet 16 (Sachsen).

• 1 month later...

Recently I added this very rare and interesting press photo to my collection, showing men of the Donauflottille [Danube Flottilla].

The tally was worn between October 1938 and September 1939 by men dressed as sailors, assigned to the Danube Flottilla.

This flottilla served earlier as a part of the Austrian K.u.K. Kriegsmarine [imperial and Royal Navy] with small craft on the river. After 1919 the flottilla was disbanded, as ordered by the vicors of the Great War. In November 1938, after the amalgamation of Austria and Germany to the greater Germany, the flottilla was re-established as an unit of the Kriesmarine and commanded by a Kapitän zur See, the HQ was seated in Linz.

The unit was subordinate to the Stationskommando Ostsee [station Commander Baltic].

This cap tally was replaced by the general tally "Kriegsmarine" in September 1939.

Edited by Odulf

• 4 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Hi gents

I saw this thread and then I want to share with you the only 2 pics I own with km sailors wearing cap tallies:PANZERSCHIFF DEUTSCHLAND and I need somebody guess and light me wich UNTERSEEBOOTSFLOTILLE....... is written in the other pic,may be SALZTWEDEL............. :o

I hope you enjoy them :jumping:

q62x.jpg

x9c7.jpg

Thanks

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Can you post a close up, showing the head and tally, because this crackled [hoto is not giving any detail.

Anything written on the back?

Hi Odulf

Nothing written on the back,on the other hand this new pic is the best I can go to close up,I hope this help a few,may be SALTZWEDEL?

:anmatcat:

8o2k.jpg

Edited by SICHERHEITSDIENTS

i think you're right, Salzwedel.

I have one also, though more in close-up, and the "F" is right above the nose, on other Unterseebootsflottille tallies, the "F" is more to the left or to the right (depending on the total lenght of the tekst).

Also, the first Capital of the last word looks like a "S".

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first photo i have picked up in quite a while.

I think from one of the Torpedobootshalbflottille.

The studio stamp on the reverse is from Ostswine,so maybe he was from the 1st or 2nd Flottille based in Swinemunde ?

Regards,Martin.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Morten,

This topic started as one for Kriegsmarine tallies, but as it is it's camel nosing into a general German tally thing.

The tallies for ships are easy to define, because the ships' data are easy to find. But there are many more tallies of (land or sea based) units or shore establishments, and some of these were shortly functional.

These are very interesting, also because there is (to my knowledge) no complete catalogue of Kriegsmarine cap tallies. Against that back ground, photos showing the tallies of units are most interesting as evidence.

Thanks Morten,

This topic started as one for Kriegsmarine tallies, but as it is it's camel nosing into a general German tally thing.

The tallies for ships are easy to define, because the ships' data are easy to find. But there are many more tallies of (land or sea based) units or shore establishments, and some of these were shortly functional.

These are very interesting, also because there is (to my knowledge) no complete catalogue of Kriegsmarine cap tallies. Against that back ground, photos showing the tallies of units are most interesting as evidence.

Hello Odulf! Hope more can help here withe their stuff to the thread.By diveding we get a total mass of new knowledge.

One of MY great JOYS of the hobby is to share information with other coectors.

Best regards,Morten.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

The tally "Linienschiff Hessen", shortly before the ship was finally decomissioned (photo dated 11.4.1933).

The (Weimar) oval eagle cockarde has been replaced by the black-white-red cockarde, but the national emblem eagle appeared a year later.

Edited by Odulf