News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Was this medal for Bravey originally on the small suspender?

Hi all,

I just picked up that relatively low number of the Medal for Bravery and just wondering was this award originally on the small suspender? Medal number is 733 146? I am still away and my time to use PC is very limited to find out the answer myself.

Kind Regards,

Noor

2272677930448c_l.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Somehwere in the back pages there was a then-"pinned" thread with many dated/researched serial numbers for awards....

Super nice early BM, Igor!

And Noor's as well. That one looks untouched as it has what I like to think as the early version of the straight pin attachment with two clips, not the much more common four clips.

I don't think it's an earlier variation, but it is indeed a much less common one.

What was that early BM awarded for? Very nice one!

I have two CSMs that were originally on the red bar, but were converted, per the regulations, to the later ribbon and suspension. One is to a Jewish Quartermaster and the other is still enroute. IT is for a female combat medic!

The BM I posted is here:D on this link, I posted a while ago, but I love sharing this BM its on my top 3 favorites in my collection :D

Really amazing write up :D

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/58921-bravery-medal-leningrad-front-vs-finns-artillery-commander/

Citation: :)

Bravery Medal #31,722 : “Comrade Anton Lavrentevich Pashchenko is a forceful, disciplined, and demanding commander, fearless in combat with the enemy. While advancing behind the infantry, Comrade Pashchenko displayed his hatred of the enemy by destroying more than one hundred enemy personnel, two heavy machineguns, and two mortars with his cannon. On 27 August 1941 the enemy attempted to cross the Vuoksi River and attack our units, but due to Comrade Pashchenko’s fearlessness, he wheeled out his 76mm cannon and firing on direct lay, twice disrupted the enemy’s crossings and causing heavy losses. At night when the White Finn submachine gunners tried to attack the platoon in which Comrade Pashchenko’s gun was located, he again displayed his bravery and heroism firing on direct lay, smashing the enemy with canister ammunition. During the capture of Beloostrov, Comrade Pashchenko caused heavy enemy losses with his cannon. Answering Comrade Stalin’s challenge, the crew of this young, fearless commander accomplished new results in destroying thirty six enemy personnel, two heavy machine guns, one light machine gun, and set four buildings on fire in Aleksandrovka. For his combat accomplishments, bravery, courage, and fearlessness, Comrade Pashchenko is deserving of the Bravery Medal.”

Here is Lt. Pashchenko's photo from his service record, its by far my most favorite group ever :D I wish I could re-unite those Red Stars to him :) One day maybe :)

IMG_6251_zps282cbe89.jpg

Edited by Rogi

Thank you guys!

Here is disk only for 8XX XXX range medal. Meantime I think its possible to fix and one more award saved from the melting pot.... and yes, I paid silver value only for that. I will check with the jeweller how much new ring would cost.

Thank you guys!

Here is disk only for 8XX XXX range medal. Meantime I think its possible to fix and one more award saved from the melting pot.... and yes, I paid silver value only for that. I will check with the jeweller how much new ring would cost.

I've thought about doing the same; nursing a broken award back to life.