News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

21 minutes ago, dond said:

Nice bar.  How did you make the identification?

Hi Don,

fortunately I could buy it from the family and there

was the citation from the Lebensrettungsmedaille too.

Thereafter a friend of mine made a crosscheck via ancestry.de

Kind regards

Andreas

Oh dear Lord!! What a bar!  I have not seen too many NCO attributed bars!  I've never seen a Bavarian  Lebensrettungsmedaille.  Does anyone know what he did during WW2?  Also, what is the rank equivalent for a Feldwebelleutnant?  Was this man considered to be an officer?  Maybe like a Chief Warrant Officer?

1 hour ago, Paul R said:

Oh dear Lord!! What a bar!  I have not seen too many NCO attributed bars!  I've never seen a Bavarian  Lebensrettungsmedaille.  Does anyone know what he did during WW2?  Also, what is the rank equivalent for a Feldwebelleutnant?  Was this man considered to be an officer?  Maybe like a Chief Warrant Officer?

Thanks Paul, I think that you are right with equivalent Chief Warrant Officer.

He was born on October 3rd 1876, so I´m sure, that he didn´t do any service in WW2.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi great bar, thanks for sharing.

The medal in second place must be wrong though.

That ribbon, post 1913 and his rank mean it should be a MVK 1st class with swords. That medal is a pre 1905 MVK.

I'm still envious though!!

Regards

Pete

15 hours ago, Paul R said:

For me, this is the central most item on the bar.  Are you able to complete any research on this man?  I would love to know the deed that resulted in the lifesaving medal.

Hi Paul, I was lucky.

56583167b9d9d_RuckertRettungsmedailleDet

He got the medal for saving a soldiers life from drowning in the Donau at Neuburg

Very wonderful bar.

As the swords on the MVO are incorrect (and upside down) for for the 1866 to 1905 awards as well as the ribbon it makes you wonder why he replaced an award with a rather scare award, or is the more common ribbon the only one the taylor had available when he added the 1934 hindenburg cross?

chuck 

5 minutes ago, chuck said:

Very wonderful bar.

As the swords on the MVO are incorrect (and upside down) for for the 1866 to 1905 awards as well as the ribbon it makes you wonder why he replaced an award with a rather scare award, or is the more common ribbon the only one the taylor had available when he added the 1934 hindenburg cross?

chuck 

Hi chuck, all the medals are contemporary. I think the taylor made a mistake with the MVK ribbon

when he added the hindi cross.

Ruckert got his MVK for action in China. I believe that the swords were lost when the MVK was damaged

and he replaced them with these swords.

Cheers
    Andreas

• 2 months later...

It's my understanding that the earliest awards of the MVO without flames had swords as a private purchase item, perhaps his jeweler simply mounted them wrong? Here's an example sans swords that passed through my hands

bavearlymvk1.jpg

I know I had at least 1 bar with the piece mounted with private purchase swords but after scanning 700+ images I cannot find the bar yet. Bear with me.

On 9.2.2016 at 00:44, Stogieman said:

It's my understanding that the earliest awards of the MVO without flames had swords as a private purchase item, perhaps his jeweler simply mounted them wrong? Here's an example sans swords that passed through my hands

bavearlymvk1.jpg

I know I had at least 1 bar with the piece mounted with private purchase swords but after scanning 700+ images I cannot find the bar yet. Bear with me.

Hi Rick, thanks for showing your´s MVK.

Private purchase swords are possible for 1866 and 1870/71 not for examples awarded for China,

from this times official issued MVK´s were awarded with swords.

Regards
    Andreas

Edited by dedehansen

• 3 years later...

Another impressive and most interesting group, thanks for sharing!

:beer:

On 27/11/2015 at 14:29, dedehansen said:

I think the taylor made a mistake with the MVK ribbon when he added the hindi cross.

I don't think he did: The war ribbon was the proper one after the 1913 change of regulations. On bars that were assembled from that point on, you can find MVOs and MVKs with swords on the war ribbon, even if they had been awarded on the older, then peace time ribbon. I'm rather sure this was officially allowed, but cannot prove this time.