News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Emperor Franz get Liberian order?

1812 Overture

Dear gentlemen, due to the recent virus in China, I have a lot of time to browse my album and found this picture, which was taken by a friend, but it is not comprehensive. . Only one half of this picture is the Liberian African rescue order received by Emperor Franz?If so, why did he get an order from a distant country that had nothing to do with the Austro-Hungarian Empire?1243470634_QQ20200221225629.jpg.f8da82d9091f3b20d8fd5be5c2dcd4cb.jpg1080485862_QQ20200221230456.thumb.jpg.51a91a6f8314ddd91992d7f209f89207.jpg

Dear 1812 , You are asking too much but i want to add that at least five great German Trade houses operated in Liberia before the first world War .yes Germany is not Austria Hungary ,but the Danubian Empire before the war traded overseas with his own ships . Regarding to Kaiser Franz , In 1884 85 took place in Berlin the so called Congo Conference in these the Independence of Ethiopia ,Liberia ,Orange Free State and Transvaal was confirmed . Austria Hungary was one of the signataries ,perhaps by these reason the Kaiser received the decoration . Finally ,the first recognition of the Independence of my country Argentina was made by Kamehamea king of Hawaii when a Corsair Captain and his ship under Argentinian flag visited the Islands

20 hours ago, ccj said:

Hope you’re not quarantined in your home? I’m hoping that this all ends in the very near future. 

Thank you for your concern! I'm very good! Keke (pretend to cough) I just received the breast star of the Liberian order I bought today:jumping:Thank you also, Mr. Bayern of Argentina

Yes, 1812, we all hope that you will remain healthy and happy!

And for those sincerely interested in discovering an absolutely phantasmagorial Austro-Liberian link I highly recommend John Biggens' study Tomorrow the World: In which Cadet Otto Prohaska Carries the Habsburg Empire's Civilizing Mission to the Entirely Unreceptive Peoples of Africa and Oceania

No diplomatic and/or consular mission of Austria-Hungary in Liberia but Liberia had 2 honorary consuls, one in Vienna and one in Budapest. Honorary consul is (usually) citizen of state in which he is carrying out his consular mission for the country which chose him. He enjoys only limited immunity concerning mostly protection of consular documents. He is not a public official of the Foreign Affairs Ministry, just normal citizens helping particular country in his homeland. It is usually a person of some influence and position (with money). In year 1918 there was Mr. Reinitz Julius (Hon. General Consul) in Vienna and Mr. Leitner Siegmund (Honorary Consul) in Budapest. I don´t know whether this helps anyhow.

On 24/02/2020 at 08:21, tifes said:

No diplomatic and/or consular mission of Austria-Hungary in Liberia but Liberia had 2 honorary consuls, one in Vienna and one in Budapest. Honorary consul is (usually) citizen of state in which he is carrying out his consular mission for the country which chose him. He enjoys only limited immunity concerning mostly protection of consular documents. He is not a public official of the Foreign Affairs Ministry, just normal citizens helping particular country in his homeland. It is usually a person of some influence and position (with money). In year 1918 there was Mr. Reinitz Julius (Hon. General Consul) in Vienna and Mr. Leitner Siegmund (Honorary Consul) in Budapest. I don´t know whether this helps anyhow.

psb.jpg.c4ad806bc7146fb57fd506440063bb43.jpg

Thank you for your answer. Please accept my compliment

Please enjoy my new "toy" below, although I think it should be released in the African region.

1326843254_psc(5).thumb.jpg.26ffc0ef6de04b9854f0ceffb80ed0d4.jpg

In appearance, it looks like a badge of the Republic of Bulgaria. . .

1134588494_QQ20200225133004.png.62324ef116d07eaf352030b332942828.png

Bulgaria: "We are all family ~"

1485423348_psc(6).thumb.jpg.ef809e49f87c7775578267c93f94e0c3.jpg

It's a pity that some of the red fruits have fallen. . I found that the orders made in France are like this, beautiful but fragile

507675483_psc(4).thumb.jpg.7e33300f6546965605ac048e0e07daaa.jpg

153225331_psc(8).thumb.jpg.48a2115877fddde1701fb38ab607bd2c.jpg

Double-layer structure