News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just recieved this booklet produced and sold by Godet for 1 Reichsmark.

It is not a catalog, just a few of pages about different mountings, 4-5 color plates with different German and Foreign awards, some ads for their products and services, 15 pages in all.... was published just before the Hindie Kreuz was established as it shows 2 of the most comman pre Hindie service medals for WW1.... g1.thumb.jpg.bf7aee4d44b58e746a45948542f2a9ba.jpgg2.thumb.jpg.89b640dc86e9a7636fe660043c2dfe5e.jpgg3.thumb.jpg.d32593d4a9b60edbc64c92123ee36726.jpg

Very nice! I just love these old pulications! But "Silver has a lasting value" - well I guess we see that a little different today?

Thanks for showing, both of you.

Cheers

ArHo

Edited by ArHo

Can anyone explain this paragraph (for wearing more than one Commander cross as a civilian):

"Beim Civil wird nur ein Band um den Kragen gelegt; trägt man mehrere Orden, so werden diese an das oberste Band angeknöpft."

I am familiar with the military version ("aus der Knopfreihe"), but how does it look in the civilian version?
    The gentleman pictured wearing Pour le Mérite and Johannitter seems to be wearing two ribbons, although it is hard to see....

3 hours ago, Great Dane said:

... "Beim Civil wird nur ein Band um den Kragen gelegt; trägt man mehrere Orden, so werden diese an das oberste Band angeknöpft." ...

I am quite sure that means, what I tried to make clear by  a sketch.

img111.jpg

Harz, Geheimer Bergrat Louis.jpg

Ahh... I see... good explanation and drawing ?

That actually solves a mystry of mine where a Commander cross had a ribbon too short to go around the neck and having button holes in each end.

Edited by Great Dane