News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Almost missed another one of his accounts with the following items 😅

405A.jpg

405B.jpg

405C.jpg

406A.png

406B.png

407A.png

407B.png

407C.png

408A.png

408B.png

408C.png

409A.png

409B.png

409C.png

410A.jpg

410B.jpg

410C.jpg

410D.jpg

411A.jpg

411B.jpg

411C.jpg

411D.jpg

412A.png

412B.png

412C.png

413A.png

413B.png

413C.png

414A.png

414B.jpg

414C.png

414D.jpg

415A.jpg

415B.jpg

416A.jpg

416B.jpg

417A.jpg

417B.jpg

417C.jpg

By the way, these uploads are quite big in image size. I'd hate to be the one to crash the website because of filled storage space 😅 Am I, are we stil in the clear here?

1 hour ago, SAXONY said:

what do you think about this work?

This is a classic example of the work of the Schrägstich Faker.  Note his signature Schräg-Sticherei (diagonal stitiching) of the backing cloth.  This is exactly how this prolific fraudster got his name.

There is German Forum (SDA) where the Schrägstich-Faker's products are routinely discussed. However, only links to eBay auctions in Germany are posted as references.  When those auctions and photos disappear from eBay's database after 90 days, those discussions of these fakes on SDA will become utterly useless! 

Only here, on GMIC, will collectors have a comprehensive database of photos documenting these abominations that seem to be fooling even experienced collectors.    

1 hour ago, SAXONY said:

what do you think about this work?

s-l1600.png

4 minutes ago, Simius Rex said:

This is a classic example of the work of the Schrägstich Faker.  Note his signature Schräg-Sticherei (diagonal stitiching) of the backing cloth.  This is exactly how this prolific fraudster got his name.

On the emedals website you can find archived (previously sold) examples of Alberts orders if you want to do a comparison.

Hello,

I am relatively new to this world of medals, and like to collect Hungarian items, where there luckily don't seem to be many fakes, but ,sadly, I would have been fooled by quite a lot of these, so is there a good reference book out there that someone would recommend?

Many thanks,

Philip.s

Latest batch on Ebay. These are not all the items by the way on ebay; the seller is in his current auctions re-using photo's from previous auctions and some of those photo's have already been posted here so there's no need to re-upload those.

471a.png

471b.png

471c.png

472a.png

472b.png

472c.png

473a.png

473b.png

473c.png

473d.png

474a.png

474b.png

474c.png

474d.png

475a.png

475b.png

475c.png

476a.png

476b.png

476c.png

476d.png

477a.png

477b.png

477c.png

477d.png

477e.png

477f.png

477g.png

478a.png

478b.png

478c.png

479a.png

479b.png

479c.png

480a.png

480b.png

481a.png

481b.png

482a.png

482b.png

482c.png

482d.png

483a.png

483b.png

483c.png

484a.png

484b.png

484c.png

484d.png

485a.png

485b.png

485c.png

490a.png

490b.png

490c.png

490d.png

491a.png

491b.png

491c.jpg

2 hours ago, ostprussenmann_new said:

These are all scary good.

Well, yes. But, if you know what to look for, the illusion falls apart.

I do note that the latest addition to many of the pin-back crosses is a very unconvincing, over-sized Meybauer mark not to mention the Wagner mark on the back of the tank badge is a joke. But, still, these continue to fool less experienced collectors. To make matters worse, these are sold not just by the same seller with multiple accounts, but by other crooks as well, such as Marc Poredda (Porre81, kruemmelmix) who has a fondness for the over-use of chemical aging and somber black backgrounds.

27 minutes ago, Great Dane said:

One question that puzzles me (I know nothing about Imperial German decorations):

Speaking of the one faker in question, are all the fakes of a specific decoration identical or does he even have variations in his fakes?

There is variation. Take for example the Gallipoli stars. All the ones posted in this thread differ slightly from each other, whether it's front or the back or both.

17 hours ago, bolewts58 said:

Well, yes. But, if you know what to look for, the illusion falls apart.

I do note that the latest addition to many of the pin-back crosses is a very unconvincing, over-sized Meybauer mark not to mention the Wagner mark on the back of the tank badge is a joke. But, still, these continue to fool less experienced collectors. To make matters worse, these are sold not just by the same seller with multiple accounts, but by other crooks as well, such as Marc Poredda (Porre81, kruemmelmix) who has a fondness for the over-use of chemical aging and somber black backgrounds.

First apologize for triple post, error in my phone.

there are some easier ones that I can pick out like EKs and Baden awards, but some of those Turkish stars, an award that I want to own, some are very hard to decipher.

on another note, we know Imperial German and TR German are heavily faked; we know US airborne WWII is faked, but surprisingly post wwii through even the gwot is being faked for common items. It is just sad.

I found a post- Vietnam era common patch on a period fatigue shirt just the other day.  I laugh at people faking GWOT stuff; especially the Iraqi stuff.

thanks for your response.

It is true, that the faker discussed here is not the only dealer selling fake German material.  What distinguishes the Schrägstich Faker from all the other con-artists is that he/she is a prolific assembler and producer of reproduction medal bars using these fake medals and modern ribbons. 

The sewing- and mounting-styles of these medal bars are identical to one another making them relatively easy to identify as his/her products.  

Edited by Simius Rex

3 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

This thread is starting to take up a lot of band width. I get more depressed each time I view this material.

If actual bandwith and storage are a problem, I think there are tools to mass shrink images, to reduce image sizes, I could look into that.

I will leave it up to the forum to decide if you do not want to see any more of these and if so I will stop posting.

The purpose of this thread is to chronicle the output of fakes and forgeries from a single producer that will undoubtedly impact the collecting community for countless decades to come.  It is the only online forum with such an important and comprehensive data base featuring these fakes. 

Therefore, it is vital that posting photographs of these items continue as long as the fakes continue flooding the market.  I believe that Dr Speck is providing an extremely important service that will benefit the collecting community long after we are all gone and forgotten.

None of the moderators have objected to these photographs being posted.  I imagine they would have mentioned something by now if the file sizes were too large. 

I would strongly advise against reducing the pixel sizes of these images.  Most of these pieces are so well executed that seeing the fine details of these pieces is crucial to being able to identify and distinguish them from originals. 

I think we should all express our gratitude to Dr Speck for his continued effort to keep us informed about these abominations.