News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all, this is one great thread!  Many thanks SR for posting your insights and taking the time to post about this subject.

Some of the fakes you posted are exceptionally done, scary to be sure.  It's nice to have these posted to compare with the originals.

My son collects Imperial awards, I myself collect Austro-Hungarian awards.  He's ran into a couple fakes that you can tell right off the bat.  But the fakes you posted can and do fool many novice and I suspect some advanced collectors also.

Thanks again for the time and effort in posting such valuable information.

Best,

Greg

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Currently on the evil-bay - my heart bleeds for the collectors thinking they are picking up something original... with the 1870 medal bar, the faker did not even take the trouble of taking new pictures ???

145A.jpg

145B.jpg

145C.jpg

145D.jpg

145E.jpg

146A.jpg

146B.jpg

146C.jpg

147A.jpg

147B.jpg

148A.jpg

148B.jpg

148C.jpg

148D.jpg

149A.jpg

149B.jpg

149C.jpg

150A.jpg

150B.jpg

150C.jpg

151A.jpg

151B.jpg

151C.jpg

151D.jpg

152A.jpg

152B.jpg

153A.jpg

153B.jpg

153C.jpg

153D.jpg

153E.jpg

153F.jpg

154A.jpg

154B.jpg

155A.jpg

155B.jpg

156A.jpg

156B.jpg

156C.jpg

156D.jpg

157A.jpg

157B.jpg

158A.jpg

158B.jpg

159A.jpg

159B.jpg

159C.jpg

159D.jpg

160A.jpg

160B.jpg

160C.jpg

161B.jpg

161A.jpg

161C.jpg

161D.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings about this thread. I join the majority of posts condemning this man's fraud. I would also admit envy that he can produce such excellent copies of very expensive and hard to find medals and orders.

I myself make reproduction bars for my own uniform displays but they would not fool anyone and are never offered for sale. The medals I use are only those that are commonly available online. This fellow has some very rare stuff and I am envious that he has them at his disposal.

Ironically, this thread also confirms the wisdom of being satisfied with copies sold as copies, the better quality ones, anyway. There is too much risk of being taken by charlatans like this guy. If you buy a copy as a copy, you know what you're getting.

Edited by filfoster

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...