News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Distinguished Service in the Protection of the National Frontiers

OoV,

i have pointed out my biggest concerns about your medal on the picture below. The better pictures untunately confirmed my doubts about your Medal. Compare these areas to the original medals posted on the MONDVOR website (see link above in Uwe?s post)

I really hate it to be the killjoy, but i think, you deserve a honest answer.

Get a real one, while they are still affordable...

all the best,

Gerd

OoV,

i have pointed out my biggest concerns about your medal on the picture below. The better pictures untunately confirmed my doubts about your Medal. Compare these areas to the original medals posted on the MONDVOR website (see link above in Uwe?s post)

I really hate it to be the killjoy, but i think, you deserve a honest answer.

Get a real one, while they are still affordable...

all the best,

Gerd

Dont worry Gerd :cheers:

Thats why I post my items to find out info on them weather it be a fake or not :jumping:

BTW Gerd, I like the glint on your OGPW :love:

Order of Victory

Edited by order_of_victory

Belaruski - I would say the lack of sharpness in the lettering as well as the little blobs of metal in the letters on the reverse are evidence of probable casting which are not seen on originals. I do not like the suspension ring much either and the obverse seems rather crude. Cast perhaps? As for these medals being commonly faked, already in 1997 PMD and PJS already said that good fakes of the medal existed. Its 2007 now.......!

Pocheta - I cannot say for sure in your case. Reverse would help. However, there may also be some cast marks and lack of detail.....but the glare in that photo.....

Jim :cheers:

Edited by JimZ

True enough. I bought this one probably about 10 years ago, at a time when I presumed only the 'big ones' were faked. But as I said you live and learn. I have a few fake top orders that I'm happy with as good display items, and this will have to join them!

My budget is now slowly excluding me from Soviet stuff!

That is, unfortunately, part of collecting Soviet ODM in today's world.

One reason to stick with dealers who know (and guarantee) their stuff and to consult friends (here) who also know their stuff.

Well said Ed. There's always peeps to help you out in here ;)

Jim