News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Charles III Coronation Medal

• 2 weeks later...
    On 04/01/2023 at 18:47, Zulu_00 said:

Rumour is same as QPJM but I'm a bit skeptical

More and more rumbles appearing about this being a very limited issue affair….

I was reading on another forum, about the company that make them, expressing concerns that time was moving on if a mass production was to be requested, in order have them produced in time……….

Having said that the Royal Mint are certainly in no hurry to release, any new medals either, so who knows? 

11 hours ago, bigjarofwasps said:

I was reading on another forum, about the company that make them, expressing concerns that time was moving on if a mass production was to be requested, in order have them produced in time……….

Having said that the Royal Mint are certainly in no hurry to release, any new medals either, so who knows? 

I'm sure there will be time, the QPJM issue was an absolute debacle.  My medal was presented in October 22, our Adj is still to get hers.

11 hours ago, Paul463 said:

I'm sure there will be time, the QPJM issue was an absolute debacle.  My medal was presented in October 22, our Adj is still to get hers.

23 hours ago, bigjarofwasps said:

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/must-read/the-coronation-of-king-charles-iii-is-not-likely-to-take-place-until-2023-3845878

Hi all

If you google something like 2023 coronation medal it does show several results saying that one will be issued, however its still the problem of who will get it and how many. Someone has also put in a FOI request according to google but it has not yet been replied to.

• 2 weeks later...
    43 minutes ago, I_♥_Police said:

I really hope it is fake news!! What a dreadful blow. Where is that press cutting from? Why do you think its fake news?

Allegedly from The Sun although I can't confirm this. 

21 hours ago, Zulu_00 said:

Allegedly from The Sun although I can't confirm this. 

On 27/01/2023 at 15:00, bigjarofwasps said:

I fear this is…….

1BD030B9-2690-487F-9F13-A0CA1FC588BD.jpeg

I ran that title through google with 'The Sun' next to it and it is apparently from The Sun. I suppose its just how reliable the source is they got it from. As far as I know, theres still been no official announcement so it may well be the truth, just leaked early perhaps. On Google, someone has put in a Freedom of Information Act request asking for the eligibility and the request has been refused by the MOD, unsure why that would be.

3 hours ago, I_♥_Police said:

I ran that title through google with 'The Sun' next to it and it is apparently from The Sun. I suppose its just how reliable the source is they got it from. As far as I know, theres still been no official announcement so it may well be the truth, just leaked early perhaps. On Google, someone has put in a Freedom of Information Act request asking for the eligibility and the request has been refused by the MOD, unsure why that would be.

Likely because it hasn't been officially decided for certain yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Green indeed appears an unusual choice!  Ribbon design above not far off that of Bulgarian Medal for Participation in the Balkan Wars 1912-1913 military ribbon version.  [Above example displays a bit narrower inner white stripe]...

Bulgaria Balkan War Participation medal.jpg

4 hours ago, 922F said:

Green indeed appears an unusual choice!  Ribbon design above not far off that of Bulgarian Medal for Participation in the Balkan Wars 1912-1913 military ribbon version.  [Above example displays a bit narrower inner white stripe]...

Bulgaria Balkan War Participation medal.jpg

Good research

The saga continues, with regards to the criteria for the KCM. 
    Although, “sources” in positions of know, believe that it’s going to be limited to Royal household members, and military personnel directly involved. Estimates of anything between 500-5000 max. Certainly nowhere near, the mass issue of previous jubilee awards. I fear there will be a lot of disappointed people, but at least EBay, won’t be flooded with them……

A19051A4-D6C0-4EE1-B79B-2EF528411647.jpeg

Edited by bigjarofwasps

39 minutes ago, bigjarofwasps said:

Although, “sources” in positions of know, believe that it’s going to be limited to Royal household members, and military personnel directly involved. Establishes of anything between 500-5000 max. Certainly nowhere near, the mass issue of previous jubilee awards. I fear there will be lost if disappointed people, but at least EBay, won’t be flooded with them……

If I was a betting man I would say this will be the medal reverse. 

7 hours ago, bigjarofwasps said:

Although, “sources” in positions of know, believe that it’s going to be limited to Royal household members, and military personnel directly involved. Establishes of anything between 500-5000 max. Certainly nowhere near, the mass issue of previous jubilee awards. I fear there will be lost if disappointed people, but at least EBay, won’t be flooded with them……

Was speaking to an Army colleague at the weekend and he tells me it is all serving personnel, no 5 year criteria.

20 minutes ago, Paul463 said:

Was speaking to an Army colleague at the weekend and he tells me it is all serving personnel, no 5 year criteria.

I really hope this is the case rather than the post above saying people just directly involved!!!!! How reliable do you think your source is? Someone said on here that no contracts have been awarded so regardless of the truth, we will be waiting ages for them!

7 hours ago, bigjarofwasps said:

Talk about bearer of bad news!!! How reliable do you think your source is?

Reliability of my source, is untested. Although they are involved in ceremonial stuff within the U.K. oldest police force, so I have no reason to doubt the validity of their information. They have also expressed their disappointment in not being awarded said medal, as well. 

My understanding is that Worcestershire Medals, will be producing this award and that they won’t be physically available until July.

Putting all this aside for a second, I find it very difficult to believe that “every” serving soldier would be issued with one, anyway!!  

Going slightly off topic, but quoting the my same source further…

Covid Medal is out.

Wider Service Medal is in.

Nuclear Medal, is still to be finalised, including ribbon.

NDM isn’t even being considered. 

Royal Mint have suspended any new orders, a few months back now. Whilst they clear previous backlog. No new or current medals, will be produced for the foreseeable future. Delays as much as 12 months have been suggested. 

Edited by bigjarofwasps

16 minutes ago, bigjarofwasps said:

Reliability of my source, is untested. Although they are involved in ceremonial stuff within the U.K. oldest police force, so I have no reason to doubt the validity of their information. They have also expressed their disappointment in not being awarded said medal, as well. 

My understanding is that Worcestershire Medals, will be producing this award and that they won’t be physically available until July.

Putting all this aside for a second, I find it very difficult to believe that “every” serving soldier would be issued with one, anyway!!  

Going slightly off topic, but quoting the my same source further…

Covid Medal is out.

Wider Service Medal is in.

Nuclear Medal, is still to be finalised, including ribbon.

NDM isn’t even being considered. 

Royal Mint have suspended any new orders, a few months back now. Whilst they clear previous backlog. No new or current medals, will be produced for the foreseeable future. Delays as much as 12 months have been suggested. 

So the much talked about Covid medal which they have been on about for years  has now been binned off?

3 hours ago, I_♥_Police said:

I really hope this is the case rather than the post above saying people just directly involved!!!!! How reliable do you think your source is? Someone said on here that no contracts have been awarded so regardless of the truth, we will be waiting ages for them!

A contract has been awarded, but no design approved or criteria decided yet according to my, very reliable, source. 

Since starting this thread, I have been giving it some thought. There seems to be various rumours pinging about. I'm inclined to lean towards the limited issue option. If we look at it objectively, the Jubilee Medals were just that celebrating the various mile stones in the Queen's reign. A thank you to all those eligible for their service. The Coronation Medal has no such feeling. In my opinion it'll be more geared towards those actually involved. The King is the new kid on the bloke, and at this time in his reign has no real requirement to thank all those who provided loyal service to his late mother. I also feel that the sheer amount of Platinum Jubilee Medals, that appeared on Ebay within days and in some cases pre issue, will not have gone unnoticed. To that end I will be very surprised to lean, it's going to be issued to all those with 5 years service, etc. Nor do I believe it should be issued to all and sundry. But I guess time will tell..........................

21 hours ago, I_♥_Police said:

He's an OF3, same as me.  Info came from another bod. 

This is actually a very attractive medal, although it is purely a commemorative edition like so many others we see and therefore of novelty value only. Pity the Royal Mint etc couldn't be as quick off the mark as the manufacturer of this one!!