Gentleman's Military Interest Club

The ribbon is from a german taylors stock find with about 250 different ribbons. It contained i.e. about 50 meters of Hindenburg Cross ribbon... And this 12cm of Tamara ribbon.

Havn't got a clue who that was-- put it out in its own ID thread, front and back. Not Reichsheer or Reichsmarine which means this Mystery Hessian passed through Weimar in the Polizei--invisibly.y

The ribbon is from a german taylors stock find with about 250 different ribbons. It contained i.e. about 50 meters of Hindenburg Cross ribbon... And this 12cm of Tamara ribbon.

A kingdom for a horse! :jumping: I'd gladly give 50 meters of Hindy ribbon for one piece of Tamara's...

Should be--the top of that one's hat-thingum looks FLAT rather than pointy, but that could just be because it is not as nice as my Epson 2400 makes scans:

attachicon.gifGeorgian_Tamara_3rd_Class_obv_720dpi_ns_PAINT_for_KBs.jpg

Meybauer either beat out the competition from Küst (the original "Legion" badge maker) and Sedlatzek, or his prices were better. Or maybe he was just "thar fustest with the mostest" when the mass of 1919 returnees got home and wanted a batch-- and NOBODY knew what the things were SUPPOSED to look like! :cheeky:

Speaking of Sedlatzek, here's a Tamara that I just received.

Has a marking on the pin on the reverse: "Friedr. Sedlatzek Berlin"

It also came with a piece of ribbon (finally I got some Tamara ribbon)

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-679-0-94273100-1419615235.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-679-0-01241800-1419615242.jpg