News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Friendship of Peoples

Obverse of fake/copy/reproduction serial numbered - 41961

Blatantly sloppy enemalling amongst other things!

[attachmentid=63731] [attachmentid=63733]

Edited by jimzammit

• 5 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...

Here's my addition just obtained from Noor. A fake but a nice one. I'd much prefer an original but I missed my shot many years back going for my October Revolution as it was a bit more affordable (with a stretch) at the time but I've yearned for one of these ever since. I hope to still be able to get an original some day but this will have to fill in for the time being. And I'm seriously considering having "Муляж" deeply engraved on the reverse as was suggested in another thread, although once it's in my hands it won't be going anywhere again... but better to be safe than have it cause problems down the road to someone else. Photos are Noor's and used with his kind permission. :beer:

Gentlemen, please write me your opinion about those two different types of the award "friendship among nations" concerning its originality. I bought them after the collapse of the ussr.

. . . although once it's in my hands it won't be going anywhere again...

Actually, as morbid as it is to consider this, it will be. In a few decades, it will be moving on. So many are offended by the "custodian" point that I'll brush it only in passing. We don't live forever, these awards will (or close enough).

I don't like them either, but it could be the lighting and cropping... Could you post a close-up of the centers?

Actually, as morbid as it is to consider this, it will be. In a few decades, it will be moving on. So many are offended by the "custodian" point that I'll brush it only in passing. We don't live forever, these awards will (or close enough).

Yes, someday they will be moving on, but as long as I live they are my property. I am not the "custodian", I am the owner, just as I am the owner of my house and my car. I think you are looking too much into this; these awards are just pieces of metal, physical reminders of an awarding that took place a long time ago. We are the owners of these awards, just as their recipients once were.

Hi Ed,

Not morbid at all. As soon as we're born we begin to die. Fact of life. My father raised me with no illusions on that score. But I'll be passing it all down to my son. But again, just in case I'd be willing to mark it... but I would like to know what it translates as. :P

Dan :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

I am NOT a fan of marking/scratching/mutilating anything with anything. Ever.

There is always-- ALWAYS-- the danger, very real and VERY :speechless::banger: that over-zealous, hasty, and mis-informed decisions can permanently ruin

something that is NOT bad.

I know of it happening with German items.

Don't do it.

If we're smart enough to figure out anything is bad, those who come after can too. :catjava:

There is nothing wrong with just putting things in plainly marked BOXES of "Fake Stuff."

Obsessed as I am with passing on my REAL stuff to Good Homes After I Am Gone...

frankly, I don't GIVE rodents' buttocks what happens to FAKE stuff. :rolleyes:

Dear Rick,

Eeep! Well, I've not even received it yet... probably not till Monday or Tuesday. But I can definitely hold off. But on this one we know who has the original... for some reason this number kept being duplicated on the "fakes". Don't know if that makes a difference... but I'm assuming only one with this number can be an original. But I do see your point.

By the way... I have a good home... a VERY GOOD home!!!! :jumping::jumping::cheeky:

But seriously... here's hoping you'll be around for a loooooooooooong time to come... and the rest of us as well. Honestly I don't know how we could continue to function without you. Between your amazing research and your great humor that never leaves me anything but on the floor in fits of laughter, it just wouldn't be the same if you weren't here.

Here's to you Rick and all you do!!!! :beer: In the words of The Great One... "You're the greatest!"

Dan :cheers:

Many thanks for your opinion :jumping:

Question to the 2nd version:

What is the indication for having a bad feeling about it? Quality ? details?

I bought this medal in 1995 in Russia. Since then I'm often checking the dealer's pages etc. but I never

found the 2nd version of this medal for sale. No one has one in his collection, but If you have an original

one, please show it to the forum. In any case, if mine would be copy/ replica/fake, more of the same

"models" should be on the market. But I never found a second one for sale??..

will post closer datails of the medals

Edited by KDVR

Hi KDVR,

Yuri Yashnev has one that is posted in Mondvor site.

It is here :

http://mondvor.narod.ru/OFriend.html

It has a SN very close to yours.

I have only seen one in my life proposed to me around 1996-97 if I remember well... I did not buy it at that time, what I regret sharply... :speechless:

Cheers.

Ch.

Edited by Christophe