News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of Hohenzollern - info needed

12 hours ago, Glenn J said:

- one in 4. GzF, from Berlin, LD2: Fritz Otto (Kriminalkommissar in Berlin)

- one in GR 2, from Stettin, LD2: Richard Otto (Postal official, killed in action 26 August 1914)

The Hauptmann d.L. in Landwehr-Bezirk I Altona in the 1914 Rangliste is Max Hans Louis Otto'

Regards

Glenn

Ahhh! We got him. The Altona guy would have been my next guess. So the regimental history was less than correct: he was already dL before the war. Thanks!

Edited by webr55

On 18/06/2022 at 15:50, webr55 said:

At ancestry, I find the death certificate for a Friedrich Wilhelm Hans Schneider, Kaufmann, born 13.2.1879 in Magdeburg, died in Berlin 15.6.1947.

ER 2 Schneider is Friedrich Wilhelm Hans, originally an active officer in the regiment. 

Regards

Glenn

Schneider.thumb.jpg.79c26ac31c2d5726f668bf2033af88d8.jpg

On 01/06/2022 at 09:57, webr55 said:

The other Lotze was Hauptmann aD in 1918, originally from FR 36. In 1914 as Lt kommandiert zur Haupt-Kadetten-Anstalt, but I don't find his first name.

Wolfgang Lotze.

Regards

Glenn

Lotze.thumb.jpg.dd26f30a7820393821f20a7c32f08fed.jpg

On 24/05/2022 at 17:34, webr55 said:

Hptm dL Sunkel can only be Heinrich Friedrich Sunkel, born 2. Mai 1877 in Rotenburg/Fulda, Amtsrichter (ancestry).

Heinrich Sunkel; originally a Leutnant d.R. (16.12.02) In IR 116.

Oberleutnant d.R (27.1.12) and serving in RIR 32 when promoted to Hptm. d.L. (Landwehrbezirk Marburg) on 24.12.14.

Amtsrichter in Ziegenhain.

Regards

Glenn

Regarding Ottos, the Lt.d.R. Otto from Jäger-Regiment Nr. 4 who received the HOH3X on 16.8.1918 would be from JB 11, RJB 5 or RJB 6. The RJB 5 history has an award list, so it can be excluded, so that leaves JB 11 and RJB 6.

I can't find a Lt.d.R. Otto in RJB 6, but I also don't have a battalion history.

The JB 11 Otto, however, is the most likely candidate:

Otto, Adolf
    Gerichtsreferendar, 18.8.1922 Dr.jur. (Gießen), in 1931 Rechtsanwalt in Schmalkalden
    Lt.d.R. d. JB 11, Bataillons-Adjutant
    SMK, ÖM3K

Dr. Otto was the author of the battalion history, Kriegstagebuch des Kurhessischen Jägerbataillons Nr. 11, 1914-1918.

The Hptm dR Schobess/Schobeß from FAR 503 is in the 1914 list in FAR 27 as Olt dR, LD2, Münster. 

I find a Regierungsrat Fritz Schobeß in the address book Münster 1914/15. He might be identical with Finanzgerichtspräsident aD Ernst Fritz Andreas Schobeß who died in Wiesbaden in 1953, born 1874 in Dietzdorf/Schlesien (acc. to ancestry). 

The Lt dR Schoenermarck from RIR 91 is most probably Hans Karl Hugo Schoenermarck, born 23.2.1889 in Voßberg, KIA or died from wounds 4.3.1944 as Oberst in Zoppot (acc. to VL and genealogical sources).

Schöhneit, Heinrich Christian Wilhelm
    *15.11.1890 in Altona (Ottensen)
    *11.02.1884 in Ahrensburg
    Leutnant, Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 78, 05.10.16 Oberleutnant, Hauptmann a.D.

He was an Oberstleutnant in World War II, but I have not seen his file, so I don't have any further details.

Otto Glenk was a Leutnant der Reserve in Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 49.

Karl Glenk, born 8.12.1886, was the Leutnant der Landwehr-Pioniere I (22.6.1916) in the 1. Landwehr-Pionier-Kompanie des XIII. Armeekorps. He received the WsM in 1915 and the WF3bX on 20.1.1917.

The Lt v. Gladiß, who received the HHOX around May 1917, is either Rudolf or Sigismund. 

Rudolf was in 3. GzF, died from wounds in March 1918.

Sigismund, from GGR2, born 1896, was already pronounced dead in VL in Dec 1914, but then resurfaced as heavily wounded and in British captivity in the VL Feb 1915.  He is in the ERL as Lt aD. I am not sure if we can tell whether he got back from being a POW before May 1917.

If not, then the HHOX recipient must be Rudolf. 

Edited by webr55

The Lt dR Glandorf from RIR 16 should be Hermann Glandorf. In the VL, there is only one with this quite rare name who was a Lt - and this one was also from exactly that unit. 

Born 16.3.1893 in Mörsen, died 16.12.1982 in Hörstel (acc. to myheritage). He was Schulrektor. 

41 minutes ago, webr55 said:

there is only one with this quite rare name who was a Lt

I would agree with that. He was originally commissioned as Leutnant d.R. (Landwehr-Bezirk Osnabrück) in Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 39 on 6 November 1915. 

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Glenn J

The Hptm dR Glasow from RJB 2, who got the HHOX around May 1918, is either Johannes (from Gnesen, acc. to VL born in Deven (should probably be Devin, now part of Stralsund)/Grimmen) or Richard (from Neustettin), both in 1914 Lt dR in JB 2.

Johannes is in VL, wounded 1915 as Olt dR in RJB 2.

I guess their promotion dates will be quite similar, so probably no way to tell which one.

Georg Adolf Eyßen/Eyssen died as Major aD 26.1.1946 in Frankfurt/M. Born 29.8.1879 in Frankfurt/M. (death certificate at ancestry). 

Originally from FAR 63. 

Edited by webr55

Lt dR Farne from IR 393: There are several Lts Farne in the VL, but only one is dR, might be him: 

Konrad/Conrad Farne, from Hanseberg/Königsberg i. Neumark, born 17.11., listed as KIA in June 1918

Originally in LGR 8, 1916 in RIR 206.

Hans Eberhard von Fassong died 20.12.1978, according to a dissertation titled "Die Werke der Dr. Alexander Wacker Gesellschaft für elektrochemische Industrie in Mückenberg", 2021. 

7 hours ago, webr55 said:

The Hptm dR Glasow from RJB 2, who got the HHOX around May 1918, is either Johannes (from Gnesen, acc. to VL born in Deven (should probably be Devin, now part of Stralsund)/Grimmen) or Richard (from Neustettin), both in 1914 Lt dR in JB 2.

Johannes is in VL, wounded 1915 as Olt dR in RJB 2.

I guess their promotion dates will be quite similar, so probably no way to tell which one.

Richard was promoted to Hptm.d.R. on 21.1.16. He was serving on the staff of AOK 2 at this time.

Johannes was promoted to Hptm.d.R. on 25.10.16 while serving with RJB 2.

Regards

Glenn

15 hours ago, Glenn J said:

Richard was promoted to Hptm.d.R. on 21.1.16. He was serving on the staff of AOK 2 at this time.

Johannes was promoted to Hptm.d.R. on 25.10.16 while serving with RJB 2.

Regards

Glenn

Ok - so IF the recipient was in RJB 2 at the time of the award (as I understand), then it should have been Johannes. 

Then there is the case Geyer, got the HHOX as Hptm in mid 1917. Not too many who would fit, we already have Hugo and Hermann in our list, then there are two Bavarians - and two other ones:

- Saxon Hauptmann Karl Geyer (seniority 23.9.1911), in TelBat 7, in the ERL as OTL aD. I would think he was already Major by 1917, but that would have to be checked. 

- Karl Erich Geyer, in 1914 Olt in GR 10, later Flügeladjutant of the Duke of Sachsen-Meiningen, as such received the SEHO in 1916. After that, in RIR 212. Acc. to ERL KIA in March 1918 (they list him as Olt, but he must have been promoted). I would tend to think it is him.