News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of Hohenzollern - info needed

Thanks a lot!!!!

Haase - hmpf... I have Haase as Lt and KompFhr, first name Walther.

Haase, the flyer - no HOH3X in Dez.17 to him, no princely HEK as well....

H.-H. von der Osten got a Ernestinian knights cross with swords, no HOH or HEK acc. my data.

Best,

Daniel

Going by the date of award, I would think Walther Haase was the Lt.d.R. in RIR 32.

Otto Haase is, as Daniel says, odd. The Personalbogen says he was promoted to Lt.d.R. on 14.5.1915. The two Lts.d.R. on that date were in the LehrIR (Berlin) and RIR 34 (Hannover). I would assume Otto was the LehrIR one, since he was a student in Berlin in August 1914 and is unconnected to Hannover.

Hans-Henning von der Osten was promoted to Leutnant on 29.11.1917, so a 1917 award as the Deutsche Biographie entry states would be highly unlikely.

Hello

I am looking for several HOH3X date to Saxon officers .Thanks for your help

OLt Dietrich Bischoff

Major Georg von der Bussche-Haddenhausen

Lt d.R. Kurt Heinrich

Hauptmann Alex Rühle von Lilienstern

Major Konrad von Rüdiger

Lt Oskar Thierfelder

Major Georg von Watzdorf

Thanks

Christophe

6 hours ago, webr55 said:

What about Quiring and Thoenissen?

Quiring doesn't show up on any list I've seen. He was a Lt.d.R. in FAR 54. The Zeitschrift für das Berg-, Hütten- und Salinenwesen only lists his EK1 & 2 and the Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz. His EK1 was reported in the 1916 edition of the Zeitschrift. If he did get the HOH3X, it was a very late-war one.

I'm not sure about Thoennissen. Zinke didn't list his sources. If Thoennissen has an HPA file in the archives, I have not seen it.

3 hours ago, Deruelle said:

Hello

I am looking for several HOH3X date to Saxon officers .Thanks for your help

OLt Dietrich Bischoff

Major Georg von der Bussche-Haddenhausen

Lt d.R. Kurt Heinrich

Hauptmann Alex Rühle von Lilienstern

Major Konrad von Rüdiger

Lt Oskar Thierfelder

Major Georg von Watzdorf

Thanks

Christophe

Christophe, here are a few:

Rühle von Lilienstern - 18.9.1918
    Rüdiger - 18.9.1918
    Watzdorf - 8.11.1918

12 minutes ago, webr55 said:

Dr. Hans Sidow is listed with a "Hohenzollern-Abzeichen (?)", whatever that means. Died in 1945. 

sidow.png

Hi, He received the Princely Honor Cross 3rd class with X of Hohenzollern on 2 MAy 1918

More info about awards of Richard Waldschmidt, born 1882. 

He made Flak-Oberst in 1942. I couldn't find his exact death date, but he is found in Berlin address books until 1962.

waldschm.jpg

Karl Wilhelm Solff, born 19.6.1872 in Schwelm, died 20.9.1941 in Baden (acc. to ancestry).

Other awards, acc. to Deutsche Luftfahrer-Zeitschrift 1918:

solff.png

Adolf Soldan died as Oberst aD in Bad Nauheim in 1950 (death cert. at ancestry). 

Edited by webr55

Trying to find the first name of Hptm dR Skrodzki from RIR 38. He cannot be the Hptm dL (1914) from GGR 5, that was Friedrich/Fritz, born 1864 in Limburg, in captivity from 1917 to 1919.

He can only be the Lt dR in the 1914 RL, who was originally in GrenR 11 (with location Neutomischel): Erich Skrodzki (1883-1955)

https://marjorie-wiki.de/wiki/Erich_Skrodzki

His death certificate lists him as "Direktor des Rechnungshofes des Deutschen Reiches a.D.". 

Edited by webr55

11 hours ago, webr55 said:

The Hptm Beeckmann in our list was from FAR 35, Patent as Lt in 1900, Major aD in 1918, but I couldn't find his first name. 

Richard Beeckmann.

Regards

Glenn

The Lt dR "Belimack" in our list is probably a misread Fraktur writing of "Behmack". Belimack does not exist as a name. 

We have a Lt dR Kurt Behmack in the VL, from MG-Kompanie of IR 72. From Bunzlau/Schlesien. 

This looks like another fascinating story: born 1887, he was from a Jewish family, became Zahnarzt in Torgau, emigrated to Paraguay in 1939 and returned to Germany, died in 1962.

https://stolpersteine-torgau.de/index.php/orte-biographien/karl-marx-platz-6-behmack