News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of Hohenzollern - Doorn award time

I believe that this is a cross from the Doorner period, because the Center is made from gold.

The ribbon has silver lines. Usually there was only black white ribbon, the centers was made from silver.

Furthermore it is appropriate into a red brown case with a Godet Logo.

I compared the inscription with old adress directories. First time where Godet use the designation "Gebr. Godet & CO." was 1931. Therefore I believe that this cross was made starting from 1931.

HoHRS.jpg

Etui.jpgLogo.jpg

Red

I have not paid much attention to this topic, but remembered the Eagle of the Knights. It is actually pictured in Thies's 22.Auction page 36 #75:

"Adler der Ritter, vergoldet und emailiert. Am Originalband. im Originaletui des Juweliers Gebr. Godet, Berlin.

Schoenes einwandfreies Original aus dem Exil in Doorn. in dieser Ausfuehrung extrem selten.

Zustand 2. 400"

That can be, but I dont like to scratch the surface.

When was the cross manufactured in your opinion? Did you seen already once a similar cross?

Red

"Red"

You don't need to scratch the surface. Gold and silver in contact with each other can work like a battery. Put a little bit of lemon juice (Zitronensaft) on the surface with a silver coin on top of it. If you can measure the electrical current, a solid gold center can be enough to give you a slight shock to the touch. A surface layer or plating won't do much at all.

Les :speechless1:

I am searching for pictures of the house order of Hohenzollern, where be awarded in the house Doorn period. I would like to compare it with my Godet piece.

HoH.jpg

Can anybody show some?

Red

How did you mange posting am image that large? Very nice order...

• 3 years later...