News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RETIRED PILOT BADGE PORTRAIT

Hello Folks,

I need your help. I am posting a great portrait, which shows clearly the Luftwaffe Retired Pilot's Badge 'in wear'. Does anyone on the Forum here, either OWN this photo, or know WHO DOES? I believe that this photo was sold on ebay within the last year or two.

Secondly, does anyone have any Portrait or Photo, showing the Retired Pilot Badge 'in wear'? These photos are needed for a Luftwaffe Badge book which is being presently organized.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Mark

Mark

Fantastic photo. Can't help you request but I do wonder what the history is as to why this pilot retired! Wounded? - I see no wound badges. Perhaps psychological?

Rich

I think that Psychological causes could be a reason, but not the best IMHO as he still on active duty. There could still be some medical reasons that would not warrant a wound badge, such as vision degradation, vertigo, and etc.

It's killing me, that no one is claiming it! I realize that not everyone in the world logs into the GMAC everyday, but what a great combination of awards...... Spanish Pilot's Wings, C Certificate, Bomber Spange, Prague castle Bar, Spanish Cross with Swords, Sports Badge, EK1 ...... oh, and the RPB.

Mark

Edited by mmiller

It's killing me, that no one is claiming it! I realize that not everyone in the world logs into the GMAC everyday, but what a great combination of awards...... Spanish Pilot's Winds, C Certificate, Bomber Spange, Prague castle Bar, Spanish Cross with Swords, Sports Badge, EK1 ...... oh, and the RPB.

Mark

Super photo. His awards indicate he performed his duty well in two wars. Maybe he was transferred to a non flying posting. Would a non flight posting allow him to wear the retired badge? The retired pilot badge is an odd badge to me.

Great pic, M...and as rare as hen's teeth! :speechless1:

Couldn't resist blowing it up for a better look-see.

The swastika and date have no paint or were polished. Was this done by the wearer or could these be purcahsed this way?

The swastika and date have no paint or were polished. Was this done by the wearer or could these be purcahsed this way?

Certainly not purchased or awarded that way. I would say 'hand tailored' by the owner.

mark

Guest Rick Research

Well, this makes exactly TWO photos in wear that I have ever seen. Both were NCOs.

Perhaps earned by disabling injuries caused in a flying accident that was NOT the result of combat action?

Though I still don't know why an EX flyer wouldn't simply have been allowed to wear his qualification badge. EX-WW1 flyers wore their old badges whether they ever flew or not afterwards. Bundes-Luftwaffe members wore their old flying badges in M1957 form.

This is a weird badge, if you think about it.

This is Jacques' photo - or at least it was at one time. I will remove it if he objects to me posting it here.

Scott

No problem Scott, even if the picture isn't mine anymore. I know two other pictures showing that badge worn, one was posted on WAF and one on Fundforum.

jacques