News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Original 1944 Luftwaffe Rangliste: Generals to Leutnant

What is interesting is that the list was published 9 years after the end of WW II.The introduction gives credit to the wife of the late Generalstabschef of the Luftwaffe, General Koller. She had it on microfilm and gave it freely to the archivars.

The son of General Koller, Roland Koller was my classroom neighbour at the LuitpoldGymnasium in Munich in 1952 and 1953. I was at the Koller Home occasionally. Roland Koller later became Polizeipr?disent of M?nchen and is the Minister of the Interior in Lower Saxony.

The world is small

J?rgen

This is not a Luftwaffe original rank list, but it was made up by an official authority of the Bundesrepublik Deutschland, and only for official use. its main purpose was to be used for the pensionists claims by former Berufssoldaten.

regards

Juergen

Glenn,

What a remarkable find!! My research project had hit a dead end until I saw this post only minutes ago. Now the big questions. Are you going to do a CD and if so...when will it be ready? This is fantastic news and I look forward to your reply.

Cheers

Scott

Edited by revellations

• 11 months later...

I'm still unclear about the exact difference between the A1 and A2 lists, so I have scanned the entire introduction to the published Luftwaffe 1945 ranklist, which seems (?) to explain the difference:

Chris,

looking again at the introduction to DAL A1. If I understand it correctly then those listed were those Generals, General Staff Officers and flying/parachute officers who were holders of an aircrew certificate and flight pay. That being the case I think DAL A2 contains all other active officers?

Regards

Glenn

Chris,

looking again at the introduction to DAL A1. If I understand it correctly then those listed were those Generals, General Staff Officers and flying/parachute officers who were holders of an aircrew certificate and flight pay. That being the case I think DAL A2 contains all other active officers?

Regards

Glenn

Glenn,

yes, I understand A1 as containing

1) ALL Generals

2) ALL General Staff Officers

3) all flying/parachute officers who had a certificate as pilot/observer/radio operator/parachutist AND were receiving flight pay ("Fliegerzulage").

Concerning A2, yes it should list all other active ones --- except that there is mention here of a DAL A3. This one is not specified further here - no idea who would be in there.

Regards

Chris

Chris,

I am not certain as I have seen nothing in writing to confirm the fact, but I think most probably those former (E) type officers and officers unfit for front employment in home area positions similar to DAL S in the Army.

Regards

Glenn

Gentlemen,

I am now in a position to offer to those interested a copy of the Luftwaffe A2 List. The List is broken down into five parts as per the original bound lists:

Name Index

Colonels/Lieutenant Colonels

Majors/Captains

Lieutenants

2nd Lieutenants

In total 1195 pages

I am asking ?40,00 including postage . Please pop me a PM if interested.

Regards

Glenn

My copy arrived today, many thanks Glenn!

If it wasn't clear before, people should know that the list (as with others from other arms) does not include all officers. Reserve officers are not included for example and they made up a sizeable proportion of the officer corps in wartime.