News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Same Seller has a Spanish War Cross which I posted about before:-

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...st&p=257679

Current seller Blurb on May 2nd 2008:-

German, WW2

EXTREMELLY RARE original SPANISH CIVIL WAR CROSS, AWARDED TO GERMAN SOLDIER in LEGION CONDOR

Up for auction is a beautiful, 100% original Spanish War Cross awarded to Uffl. Richard Link on June 18, 1937 for participation in combat to support Nationalist Falangist Generalissimo Francisco Franco against the communist allied Republican Loyalist Party (Legion Condor). The award is in perfect condition. It measures roughly 2" and 3/4" inches in diameter, is multi-pieced and slightly convexed, die-struck alloy construction, fire gilded nickel silver plated with red ,white and blue enamel work. This is a very rare award given to German soldiers . The back reads : "Fur kampf in Spanien" with recipients name (Richard Link) and date of award presentation. The enamel work is perfect as is the pin and catch assembly and all prong attachments. A rare German breast award that would compliment any German collection. Many of these award recipients went on to earn prestigious awards such as the Knights Cross and would be worth researching this soldier. During last 5 years I saw a few the same orders. But never seen engraved version.

Original pictures.

But the pictures shown on his auction have an entirely different name engraved on the rear to that given in the seller Blurb :speechless:

Seems he has a lot of items which to my eye are of dubious quality and sky-high prices.

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

Hello folks:

An interesting item to be sure!

This item is without a doubt a FORGERY. At no time was this thing AWARDED to anyone. This is one of the more-common copies about. It does appear to be gold interestingly enough. Someone has also "aged" it artificially.

Things that I don't like about it:

1) The eagles are lack significant detail generally and are crude to say the least.

2) The eagles beaks are closed.

3) The eagles feet are not separate from their legs.

4) There are lines at the top and the bottom of the letters "U" and "R" connecting them.

5) The general finish to the enamel and metalwork is not consistant with known originals.

This fellow's story to go with this item is interesting to say the least and makes no sense. This is a known copy of a WWI-type PLM.

I wouldn't want this thing for free if it were given to me!

"SPM"

Whooo, this thing follows the rule: "Hot potato, hot potato"

I was actually invted to examine it life some month back, but left it where it came from.

Amazing, this thing traveled all over the US and now to Canada.

I agree with "SPM". 36000 euros for a copy is very very expensive. May be a young collector who has got a lot of money will probably buy it. But after when he will realize that this cross is a copy. What's happened.

I don't remember who said that, but "knowledge is power". Read books, read forum, see originals crosses belonged to serious collector. I have seen only three real Pour le M?rite in my life. That's all.

Christophe

.... I think at the point where someone has 25 "WW2 Ghetto" armbands, pants, stars, etc. alone should be enough to make someone run screaming from the room.... or screen as this may be.. :speechless1: