News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear All:

Here's my Bavarian Veteran's group and the description of the medals of the larger medal bar (all you can wear 20ies style):

1) Bayern, Milit?rverdienstkreuz 4. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern

2) Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2. Klasse

3) Preussisches Kriegs-Erinnerungskreuz f?r Kombattanten mit Schwertern

4) Ehren- und Erinnerungskreuz des Marinecorps Flandern mit Spangen "Yser", "Ypern" und "Antwerpen"

5) 22. Inf. Div. (Bayern) Erinnerungskreuz

6) Deutscher Reichkriegerbund "Kyffh?user", Kriegsdenkm?nze 1914-18 mit Spangen "Flandern u. Artois", "Verdun", "Arras-Albert", "Vormarsch 1914" und "Warschau"

7) Ungarn Kriegserinnerungsmedaille, 1. WK

8) Deutsche Ehrendenkm?nze des Weltkrieges mit Kampfabzeichen der Ehrenlegion

Link: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...veteran+claudio

Ciao,

Claudio

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Claudio, nice set! I always found this one interesting that he could afford to simply buy a new bar when all the vet stuff was barred.

Chip. I never actually had an extra cross. There was a cross that was mis-mounted on a bar sold by me. After several people looked it over hard in-hand, we determined it might not be correct but the original recipient mounted it that way and intended for it to be worn that way. Thus, it was never removed from the bar and no "extra" cross.

Guest Brian von Etzel

And I love the way he moved the EKII to the front of the bar! From a seriously bad boy to right on the regs. But, kept the bad bar for local get togethers with the 'boys'.

AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

yer KILLIN' me, rickie, KILLIN' me.....

what an astonishingly beautiful medal bar!

all of my favorites in one place, and NO

hindenburgs.

any remote chance of seeing the back?

(for that matter, any chance of GETTING it back???!!?)

this bar would be welcome in my house any day of the week.

joe

Here's a photo of the back. Reasonably certain the owner is not in a trading mood!

I've had these as 1's & 2's.... the rare bar with 3 or 4. The thing to me that was so special about this bar is the Verdun Cross. It's pretty hard to find and usually commands a premium over the others. There's a pretty high demand for this series in Germany right now. The documents are pretty special as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what looks like a 25 year badge for a Bavarian artillery unit #13? from the 1870/71 war. The detail is really nice in this styyle badge. This is a Gustav Deschler-Munich badge missing the pinback device--Oh well can't have it all I guess. Mike

Lat one for now--don't want to bore everyone to death!! This is a really nice Bavarian 7th InfantryRegt-Prinz Leopold E.V. badge- nice blue and white enamel with the number 7. This is another Deschler-Munich badge. Kinda short for bavarian badges and is only 2 3/4 inchs in lenght. mike

Thanks for the info on the crosses! They are definately beautiful!

Mike,

Were these veteran's badges worn at certain events or were they worn as the vet felt so inclined?

Please post away! No boredom here!

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

None of the veterans crosses are particularly easy to find. There are a total of five and Neimann's latest book shows four different styles of cross. The bar pictured here has the crosses for Somme, Verdun and Champagne which are tough enough to find but the real rare birds are Argonne and Ostfront. The most I have seen on a medal bar are four of these crosses but there might be someone out there with a five bagger!

Edited by Bob Hunter

None of the veterans crosses are particularly easy to find. There are a total of five and Neimann's latest book shows four different styles of cross. The bar pictured here has the crosses for Somme, Verdun and Champagne which are tough enough to find but the real rare birds are Argonne and Ostfront. The most I have seen on a medal bar are four of these crosses but there might be someone out there with a five bagger!

Mike,

Those badges and medals are awesome! Amazing how even through defeat, the pride is still there! These badges are more than relics, they are a reflection of a people...I know... kinda sappy! But they do present a lot of personality!

Bob,

What were the colors of the remaining crosses? Do you think that it would have been physically possible for one person to have been present for all five battles? The bar you have posted is one of the sharpest bars I have seen. It is a shame that the medals had to be removed with the establishment of the HK!

Regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

Paul, you're in the military and know the crimes that are committed under the guise of "exigencies of the service." I believe it is possible for one person to have all five crosses but highly unlikely. Four are easy to imagine because they are on the eastern front but adding one for the eastern front would be a bit of a stretch.

I have only seen black and white photos of the other two crosses and can only deduce colors from those photographs. Perhaps some of our members have examples they could post...

and as an afterthought imagine just surviving all five of those brutal, bloody campaigns..."stay alive for five"...doubtful.

Edited by Bob Hunter

• 2 months later...

an update - partial - of a previously posted bar.

there ARE pokeholes on the third ribbon

for a spange. anyone got a spare??

i also have a kyfhauser medal (vergoldet, oval)

for the second position, but i'm still pondering

why someone would put a rarer award in the

second position on this bar....

thanks for your comments!

joe

Edited by joe campbell