News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This portrait is dedicated:

Gro?vater Tischbein

im Weltkrieg 1914-18

22.2.41. s/l. Herrmann

May be I am wrong with Tischbein, but that would be the most common familiy name instead of other possible versions.

I have no clue what kind of uniform he is wearing, but it seems to be an unexpected low Leutnant-like rank for the two neck decorations. He could be in a high civil position, on the other hand why the Bulgarian MVO is with X?

Regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

Guest Rick Research

That is a version of the Imperial Motorkorps uniform.

Back in a bit-- he should turn up quite easily from the published ( :catjava: ) SMK Roll.

Guest Rick Research

Yup. :rolleyes:

This photo may now Reveal All for us, since his entry for the SMK-- 123rd ever awarded, on 29 September 1915 simply shows him as "Direktor Tischbein, Mitglied kaiserl. Automobilkorps."

Seeing all his OTHER awards here should give us his first name and hopefully a better biography. :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

Oh. Would you like his entry from the 1935 "Wer Ist's?" I'll BOUNCE right back with that.... :catjava:

Guest Rick Research

His BMV4X isn't shown on the old published roll because of his status, but rather surprisingly-- neither was his SA3bX! :speechless1:

So it all came down to Meiningen. :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

Amazing how much "glitter" could stick, being the gentleman chauffeur (in Grandpa's own vehicle) for Prince Waldemar....

You have solved a first name, birthdate, and awards group mystery for the Research Gnome Collective! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

• 5 years later...

Magnificent group in excellent condition...sincere congratulations!!

Interesting that his Bulgarian Military Merit Order knight lacks war wreath but is on war ribbon in the group.

• 5 years later...

Hi,

magnificent group. I don´t collect medals, but I would have bought the photos and documents, too!

One of your photos seems to be a cropped version of a larger one, that I have in my collection. I wonder if there is some text on the reverse, telling place or unit? Could it be X. AK?

Also interesting: although he was awarded the EKII in 1914, the Vorläufiges Besitzzeugnis is from 1917. But I guess that was a rather common practice?

Congrats!

GreyC

Yours:

1722691189_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-09um23_39_54.png.b94765cca25ffbcc7dbd1b8c39397564.png

Mine:

xKaiserlichesAutomobilkorps_kl.thumb.jpg.27c2ff0ff4c19985fe7c151c725857bb.jpg

Edited by GreyC