News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...

Very nice Claudio. I found that some men may received this medal. Now I don't know if there is roll about this cross but it's unusual. Congrats

I have already posted this one in another topic but this one is more appropriate.

Christophe

Hi Christophe!

Thanks for pointing that out... however in the text the medal was awarded to a Lady...

Los Nr.5199

Konvolut Urkunden zu Oberleutnant der Infanterie Richard Scherzer.

Beförderungsurkunden zum Leutnant (1910), zum Oberleutnant (1916), Verleihungsurkunden zum Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse des Albrechtsordens und zum Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse des Verdienstordens, jeweils mit Stempelunterschrift König Friedrich August III., dabei auch eine Verleihungsurkunde der Carola-Medaille in Silber an Auguste Natalie Schluttig mit Tintenunterschrift des Königs (1914). Weiterhin Dokumente zum Werdegang des Militärztes Dr. Hans-Joachim Scherzer (geb. 1914) sowie Fotografien von Familienangehörigen.

ciao,

Claudio

• 4 weeks later...
    Guest leopold

Hi Christophe!

Thanks for pointing that out... however in the text the medal was awarded to a Lady...

Los Nr.5199

Konvolut Urkunden zu Oberleutnant der Infanterie Richard Scherzer.

Beförderungsurkunden zum Leutnant (1910), zum Oberleutnant (1916), Verleihungsurkunden zum Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse des Albrechtsordens und zum Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse des Verdienstordens, jeweils mit Stempelunterschrift König Friedrich August III., dabei auch eine Verleihungsurkunde der Carola-Medaille in Silber an Auguste Natalie Schluttig mit Tintenunterschrift des Königs (1914). Weiterhin Dokumente zum Werdegang des Militärztes Dr. Hans-Joachim Scherzer (geb. 1914) sowie Fotografien von Familienangehörigen.

ciao,

Claudio

have two books with the persons that received the carolla medals in the year 1916 and 1917 also with the claps.

greetings,

leopold

Claudio,

Your new 2 BIIIG ones are really AMAZING!!!

Who was he? No prince, no General, a "simple" Captain at a Cadet School!

Karl von Flotow, born 1873, in 1914 Capt at Kadettenhaus Karlsruhe, Major a.D. after WW1.

Had RAO4, KO4, Joh, HEK3, AB3b, MG3, OV3b, EH3a, SLH3, DD3, RumK4, SE4, SMV1 before the war, no idea what he did in WW1 and if he got more awards.

Greetings

Daniel

Karl von Flotow was promoted to Major on 8 November 1914. He was already a Major a.D. in the 1917 edition of Gothaisches genealogisches Taschenbuch der uradeligen Häuser. Since he was a native of Mecklenburg-Schwerin but did not receive the Militärverdienstkreuz by 1917 when he was a.D., I would guess he didn't have much wartime service (I only have MMVs through September 1917).

Regards

• 7 months later...

here a bar from an prussian officier of Garde Grenadier Regiment Nr. 2 or Husaren Regiment Nr. 16 .He is one of 113 carriers of the 1908 Austro-Hungarian Jubilee Medal for foreign regiments.

Regards

Alex

Very cool medal bar!

Earlier it was sold as a part of "Nachlass der Familie von Klaer de Claer".