News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

why i KNEW i had to visit Uwe Bretzendorfer ...

Today i realized, that you have to VISIT a dealer for seeing great stuff and picking up THE items you NEED!

(went out yesterday in the eavening and had a lot of fun - a little pain in the head today in the morning, but i KNEW why i had to get up and have to go to the "treasure cave" from Uwe Bretzendorfer) - i've seen a lot of nice items there :love: , laying on the table and where only waiting for getting touched from my fingers :rolleyes: - but than i saw the HOLY GRAIL :jumping:

and even better, it wasn't sold until now :jumping::jumping: - and so I GOT IT!!! :cheers:

(if my budged will allow it - i'll visit him for sure more often and don't wait that long; like those famous words describe it best - The early bird catches the worm!)

But now i'll share the beauty with which Mr. Bretzendorfer made MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Rick Research

No chance for an identity at this point, since this officer's only pre-war decoration was a Crown Order 4X. The double Austro-Hungarian WW1s suggest a staff officer, but while the rolls for Captains who received Bavarian MVO4Xs 1914-18 are published, no such luck with the Austrian pair. That's certainly an XXV on there, so post-1896 entry date for military service...

and a very odd 1938 Sudeten there on the end! (Some sort of Johann-come-lately NSDAP functionary?)

If only this one could talk!!!

The two highly unusual wreaths may tell us someday what unknown company made this bar. I don't recognize the styles, so with a period catalog this firm's product should be readily identifiable. Certainly looks like a real silver ?M3K device under the green enamel.

Congratulations! :beer:

Heiko, don't complain about living far away from every German dealer. Some people always have it worse, me for instance! ;)

That is a lovely bar, Christian, and the small campaign clasps have me drooling. I love those little things...even more when they're real. ;)

Edited by Bob Hunter

and a very odd 1938 Sudeten there on the end! (Some sort of Johann-come-lately NSDAP functionary?)

I have a group to one of the wifes relatives that has the Austrian and Sudeten medal. He served WW1 as an infantry officer, was a school headmaster in the 1930s who was called up to moniter allied radio broadcasts (BBC etc) during the austrian/Sudeten thingies and got the medals. Was never anywhere near the places in question.

If I undetstand correctly, it is cases like his that made the F?hrer say "For the Memel medal you actually had to BA THERE to get it...."

THANKS MUCH TO ALL for their comments!

Didn't realiced the issue on the Sudetenland ribbon at first - but it would be very interesting to get more light in the dark of this award.

About the clasps i'm 100% percent SURE!!!

The quality is superb but sadly its not possible to show the polished fire gilding of them :speechless1::love:

And something i found at the weekend ...

(OMM no. 68 p. 36)

That i know what i have to look for!

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=5...indpost&p=49945

NAAAWWGGGHHH!!!!!

:angry::speechless::angry::speechless::angry::speechless::angry:

What kind of IMBECILE splits up a set like this? Or, did the previous owner die and have the misfortune of having Herr Thies rend his collection into bits?

Still, there is always hope.

I have had THIS ribbon bar for over 15 years, split off (by some moron) from the medal bar, which I missed at the October 2002 Siebentritt auction-- but I know it is "out there"--

[attachmentid=24244]

And it took over ten years to reunite these two, but I did (cost me the same for both halves, alas, but I do not collect for investment/profit-- within the bounds of sanity and poverty)

[attachmentid=24245]

And I got this from New Jersey on November 1, 1984, while the matching medal bar (without KVK2X) was sold down in Florida:

[attachmentid=24246]

the medal bar has never resurfaced, oddly enough, given that I knew all the top Imperial collectors and that the bored-and-resold crowd usually only lasts 2 or 3 years before churning things over.

Call me the Inspector Javert of medal bar and ribbon bar reuniting, but I know the medal bar for this is Out There, and after ONLY 21 years, 3 months, and 22 days

I will never give up looking.

Hmm, or does that make me Daniel Day Lewis in the last remake of "The Last of the Mohicans?" Hmm.

Samarians. Every one of them. Evil shall befall them in due time. Patience is a virtue....

You guys in Germany have no idea how LUCKY you are. We cannot drive ANYWHERE and find a shop with these sort of treats available for casual perusal.

• 3 weeks later...