News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Questions about Original Parade/Court Mounts for Prussian 1813/14 Medals

Hello everyone,

I only collect Imperial German orders and medals that are on original parade/court mounts (traditional mounting styles to a particular German State or Kingdom). One area that I don't have too much expertise in is those original mountings from the early 1800's. I was hoping someone could show me some original mountings for those Prussian medals from that time period, specifically the Prussian Campaign Medal for 1813-1814 (Kriegs-Denkmünze für 1813-1814).

Thank you,

Jason

Saschaw,

Thank you very much! I did not know this. I guess my follow up question would be:

• Would one ever find a Prussian Campaign Medal for 1813-1814, with an original ribbon, in a tri-fold (as in the Saxon or Austrian) style?

I have found a medal that I am interested in purchasing, and it is on a home made trifold ribbon that appears to be original to the period, or at least a VERY old replacement. I am just wondering if this would be something that one would have traditionally been encountered for medals from that time?

Thank you again, and best regards,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted this before but, here is an 1860's era mounting on a narrow bar:

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_01_2012/post-6181-0-11480600-1325776413.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_01_2012/post-6181-0-24532600-1325776443.jpg

Edited by Beau Newman

... What is the 'Greise' wearing at the end of his Spange?

I can not really recognize it, but it would be logical, if this is the 1863 commemorial medal.

Regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

The second is a bit of a mess. We have -

1. 1813 EK mounted in reverse

2. Prussian 1813-14 campaign medal

3. Prussian 1813-15 commemorative medal (1863)

4. Prussian 25 year long service cross

5. Prussian/Hohenzollern 1848-49 medal for combatants

6. Russian medal for the capture of Paris

• 10 years later...