News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I know it's good. The Other Rick knows it's good too. What I want...... is for you'se guys to tell me why!

:whistle:

Why is it good? I think my question is why did the gent put it together with such an odd precedence order?

Hi Rick ,

The fifth ribbon is is for the Carl Eduard medal 2nd class without swords, isn't it ? It may be the clue to id this ribbon bar.

Christophe

Christophe,

I think that is a Württemberg ribbon.;)

Best wishes

Matt

OK, falling back from my previous post. Upon close examination (and serious fondling by Geoff.....) this was made as a medal bar.

There is evidence of threads that would have tied down ose's, slight curling of ribbon edges where medals were sewn in and lumps of thread from the same below the ribbons.

Unfortunately, being completely befuddled by an ASTONISHINGLY fabuluous German meal of spaetzle, red cabbage and wursts..... supplied by WildCard (much thanks, much thanks, much thanks) and besotted with home-made Ginger Snaps from Mother Research..... I waltzed out without my scans. So, I will make new ones when I have recuperated fully from the conclave.

I just read it..... I see I never posted in that thread. perhaps I didn't agree with RR at the time, I don't know. But having said that, I will be calling him shortly to tell him what was on the bar in 2009!

Good eye Sasha, I had no recollection of the bar from before. Since Ulan was in China, I wonder if he stripped the bar and resold it based on what was said here......

OK, the only comment he had was "I should have been a weatherman".

The crux of the bar back then would still be the MVO4X on a statute ribbon. Someone had to have swapped out the pre-1915 MVK (blue enamel, no flames) for the more common MVO4x. That's the one piece that makes no sense to me from the prior thread.

Thoughts?

It could be any scenario and I still believe a WW1 MVO 4th class could be possible if the guy got bumped up from EM/NCO to junior officer.

The pre-1913 MVKs were the none or few enemaled ones, awarded e. g. for africa. For China, you're right with the blue ones - that's the pre-1905 one classed type. See one I used to have here.

Württemberg medal should be a WW1 award as the early (pre-WW1) ones were worn on a dark blue ribbon... unless they switched it. But why switch a Württemberg ribbon and wear the Bavarian order on non-matching ribbon... Rick sais they were not awarded to senior NCOs... so there still is something fishy. Same with Austrian bravery medal...

Ulan returned the bar, from what I understood. Probably the former seller then butchered it. or anyone else. Who knows.

Maybe the bar is real, but had been butchered before and was re-filled wrongly?

Did Rick come up with something more than it's a good one? A possible wearer - with other awards?