News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal bar of Generalleutnants Sommer, Kommandeur der 39. Div., XIV. Armeekorps, Colmar (1899)

Dear forumites,

I'd like to introduce to you my new entry: a fantastic 9 place medal bar of the late Generalleutnant Sommer, Kdt. of the 39th Division in Colmar.

Here's a detailed description of the bar:

• Preußen, Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse 1870 am Kämpferband (OEK 1904) mit Eichenblattspange 1895 „25“ (OEK 1905), E/S
    • Preußen, Medaille für Rettung aus Lebensgefahr (OEK 1863)
    • Baden, Militärischer Karl-Friedrich-Verdienstorden, RK Gold (OEK 113)
    • Preußen, Kriegsdenkmünze 1870/71 mit 2 Gefechtsspangen „Strassburg“ und „An der Lisaine“ (OEK 1941/1 + OEK 1941/23 und 20)
    • Preußen, Centenarmedaille 1897 (OEK 1965/1), Gbr
    • Baden, Felddienst-Auszeichnung (OEK 278 + 294 + 296)
    • Baden, Goldene Regierungsjubiliäumsmedaille 1902 (OEK 220), Br
    • Sächsische Herzogtümer, Herzoglich Sachsen-Ernestinischer Hausorden 1. Modell (1833-1864) Buchstabe E für Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha Inländer mit Eichenkranz, Ritterkreuz (OEK 2450), Gold

Unfortunately I don't have any details of Genltn Sommer's of his career or the dates of bestowal of his awards with the exception that his RK zum MKFVO was awarded to him on January 8, 1871 and that he was Adjudant in Generalstab during the Franco-Prussian war. To be able to find a picture of this General, it would be just great!!! ;)

I would be more than grateful if somebody could share more information on this high officer.

Thanks for looking into this matter and please feel free to post your comments or questions about this medal bar.

ciao,

Claudio

Merci Christophe... :)

No, no hallmarks on the BV3, but someone has identified this piece to be "Der Ritter aus der Französische Fertigung ist nicht von 1900. / Ich würde so um 1820 - 1830 tippen. / Der Bandring ist typisch für die Zeit", therefore a quite early piece...

ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

Thanks for showing this jewel with better pictures!

(...) but someone has identified this piece to be "Der Ritter aus der Französische Fertigung ist nicht von 1900. / Ich würde so um 1820 - 1830 tippen. / Der Bandring ist typisch für die Zeit", therefore a quite early piece...

That wasn't meant for yours, but the other one in the old thread on the other forum. ;)