News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saxon Albert Orders

Hello,

Love this thread, well here is one that arrived recently (see also the following link: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8112 )

It is quite dirty, but has the maker mark G (the seller said it was 9) on the lower arm. So a Glaser & Sohn i assume? Can anyone confirm this?

Cordial greetings,

Edited by Stijn David

• 3 months later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Hmmm ...

Why don't your Albrecht Orders have PAINTED reverse medaillons?! Mine has ... :speechless:

It's from the elderly's man collection my father and me are selling at the moment, but I wanted you all to see this one - I'ill show some other things to check or just to show in the next time. ;)

I've never before seen a painted medaillon on an Albrecht Order, did you? Does someone know who produced these, and when? It has the IInd model bust in avers, and medaillon seems to be gold - which makes me think it has to be 1876-1902(?) era.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 6 months later...

If you haven't seen the great article by Andreas M. Schulze Ising (who's THAT :P ?) on "The Saxon Albert Order with Swords on Ring," Journal of the Orders and Medals Society of America, 58, 5 (September-October 2008): 19-29, you must SEE IT! Join the OMSA (though NOT as life members, I am sorry to have to advise) and get it. Much marvelous eye-candy and, even for a novice like me, much wise guidance toward a better (though, for me, not yet complete) understanding of the Albert!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

• 12 years later...

Hi Graham,

The maker of this cross is Osang. To be honest, I have a problem with the back of the crown. the top of the crown should be full and not hollow like your copy.

A friend give me the authorization to post his copy.

Christophe

IMG_3236.jpg.db255252c54c3613e674f34d895a5463.jpg

1622241_660351007359392_2032118804_n.jpg