News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all,

I would like to show you this ribbon bar, which I have in my collection for quite some time now, as I am still thinking there is a chance for identification.

The second to last ribbon could be an OV or OK2, in my opinion.

Best regards,

Nicolas

20170526_114914 (2).jpg

On 27/10/2019 at 17:25, P.F. said:

Hi Nicolas,

Did you not already ID this one using the 1913 RL?

Kind regards,
    Pierce

Hi Pierce, 

I tried it a while ago, but the guy didn't fit.

One suspect, who was found by Dave,  was Generalleutnant August von Geyso. He fits perfectly, except that he got an HEK2b. Maybe he chose to not wear it on his ribbon bar?

Best regards

Nicolas

14 hours ago, Nicolas7507 said:

Hi Pierce, 

I tried it a while ago, but the guy didn't fit.

One suspect, who was found by Dave,  was Generalleutnant August von Geyso. He fits perfectly, except that he got an HEK2b. Maybe he chose to not wear it on his ribbon bar?

Best regards

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

It is possible he didn't put it on the bar, but why leave one decoration off.

Also, it is hard to know what the Oldenburg ribbon represents. The bar appears to be mounted in Prussian fashion so other States' etc., awards would come after. Just something to consider.

Kind regards,
    Pierce

47 minutes ago, ccj said:

Was he awarded a higher grade of the hohenzollern by the time he was awarded the EK2?

Was he a major or colonel in the photo posted?

He is a Colonel in this particular photo. I sadly don't know, if he was awarded the HEK2a later on.

because it is not Geyso's bar.

We concentrate here on the hint, that the Oldenburg ribbon is a House Order, not the Friedrich-August-cross.

Another perfect candidate would be Generaloberveterinär Emil Mohr, 1862-1922

he had RAO4, KO4, EK, DA, OK1 and ÖEK3

Best,

Daniel

Thank you, Daniel. That sounds excellent! Finally one of my first ribbon bars got a name:jumping:

I could find three pictures of Mohr, online:

Bild 1: Unter-Roßarzt Emil Mohr beim Ulanen-Regiment Nr. 2 um 1890/91.

Bild 2: Als (Unter-?) Roßarzt beim Westf. Husaren-Regiment Nr. 11 in Crefeld um 1892.

Bild 3: Als Stabs-Veterinär bei dem oben genannten Husaren-Regiment um 1912.

The last photo shows him with his pre-war medal bar with RAO4, KO4, DA and Centenary Medal.

Am I correct that General-Oberveterinär is similiar to Oberstleutnant rankwise?

Best regards,

Nicolas

Bild 1.jpg

Bild 2.jpg

Bild 3.jpg

Edited by Nicolas7507

Nicolas,

yes Sir!

Generaloberveterinär is equivalent to LtCol.

Generalveterinär would be a full colonel, even if Generalveterinär sounds "smaller" than GeneralOBERveterinär :-)

Ans as far as I know there was only ONE Generalveterinär with the personal Rank of MajGen - that was GenVet Heinrich Schlake.

Best,

Daniel