News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen, does anyone have a better picture of Weber? Looking at the ribbon bar, is that the Sudetenlandmedaille to the right? What about the rest? Did he maybe have the EK II (1939) or the KVK? Hard to identify with this picture, I know. Thank you!

Konteradmiral (Ing.) Carl Weber.jpg

Edited by Deutschritter

The second ribbon is the Baden verdienst medaille. Due to the award of the baden medal it would make sense that he would have been awarded the 1914 EK II klasse but I have yet to find any evidence of this so it is very likely that he was awarded the KVK. Further, based off the picture, the 4th ribbon looks like 1936 olympic erinnerungs medaille, but I could very well be wrong. 

Konteradmiral (Ing.) Carl Weber (1896-1975)

-Eisernes Kreuz (1939) II. Klasse
    -Großherzoglich Badische Silberne Karl Friedrich-Militär-Verdienstmedaille
    -Königlich Preußisches Dienstauszeichnung III. Klasse
    -Schlesischer Adler-Orden II. Stufe
    -Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer
    -Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung IV. bis I. Klasse
    -Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938

Source: AHF

Konteradmiral (Ing.) Weber, Commanding General of the Arsenal at Bordeaux, France, wears the basic Army pattern rank insignia. Only the colour differed to distinguish the Navy insignia. Navy insignia was gold (gold and silver in the case of the shoulder boards) on blue. The base of the shoulder boards was dark blue, while the collar boards were light blue.

10 minutes ago, Deutschritter said:

Konteradmiral (Ing.) Weber, Commanding General of the Arsenal at Bordeaux, France, wears the basic Army pattern rank insignia. Only the colour differed to distinguish the Navy insignia. Navy insignia was gold (gold and silver in the case of the shoulder boards) on blue. The base of the shoulder boards was dark blue, while the collar boards were light blue.

Admirals also were entitled to carry cornflower blue lampassen on the trousers or breeches .

That is a complete uniform for Kriegsmarine Admirals. Normally was weared by Coastal Artillery . but the use was allowed to all Kriegsmarine Personnel under certains circumstances. for example land service. Officers inclusive Admirals could wear In Field Service , the current blue jacket with Blue breeches and black boots together with Heer type Belt in black and pistol holster etc. but the Field grey was more suitable. The British Royal Navy also provided their Officers with a Khaki Battledress ,for Field service.