News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order Of Duke Peter Friedrich Ludwig

Dear Nubirus,

The Order of Peter Friedrich Ludwig was marked 'B. Knauer' untill the early twenties afterwhich they switched to 'Knauer'. If the B is missing one is dealing with a postwar-piece. Given the difference in quality between the B and Knauer I very much wonder if someone has been busy with a hammer and a screwdriver. I have some more doubts about the piece, but given the difficult nature of this order when it comes to the details I will await the opinion of more knowledgeable members.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Apart from it being a fake (I dont know the first thing about that) I was just wondering economically, how profitable is it to produce such fakes. What the profit a faker makes. Or more precise: what are the productioncosts compared to a genuine piece?

Thank you for your responses.  Now my doubts have taken hold.  I also have a large cross and a star of this order.  Please help with the definition.

1 minute ago, nubirus said:

Thank you for your responses.  Now my doubts have taken hold.  I also have a large cross and a star of this order.  Please help with the definition.

E48CED8F-E088-4BB7-97B7-C01FEBB30D85.jpeg

766C5580-71AF-4F57-9FDC-06D35AF4AEB5.jpeg

38D9ED5F-659B-4668-A921-6736ED28049F.jpeg

8E0BF28D-B9C1-414C-BC95-6EFD633F96EE.jpeg

Hi David M,

Most  mass production fakers  make the  the crosses and the stars in big numbers and limited number of the specific  central medallions. I started a Topic on the Bulgarian Section regarding fakes

There have been fiew books how to detect fakes. The problem is that those fakers read them and inprove their products

Also many of them are made abroad with cheap materials and labour

Some of those items were sold bellow the market  value, some are distributed through Dealers and Auction Houses

The Good think is that since the Pandemic started those fakers are not as active