News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Decorations of museum donator Wilhelm Pelizaeus

Guest Rick Research

Ahhhhh HA aha! Kunstmann's SCHAUMBURG-Lippe House Order 4 with Crown was the ONLY award in that grade made during World War One--

he received it on 10 October 1916. BEHOLD The Hijjus Horruh That IS

The Schaumburg-Lippe "Rolls." :speechless1::rolleyes:

Ahhhhh HA aha! Kunstmann's SCHAUMBURG-Lippe House Order 4 with Crown was the ONLY award in that grade made during World War One--

he received it on 10 October 1916. :rolleyes:

I would love to have a look in your library :cheers:

Keep the good work going Rick!

Guest Rick Research

Bring a flashlight Erik! :rolleyes:

Much enlarged (you would not believe how SMALL the originals are-- on plain lined paper with hand inked column divisions and nothing but initial letter "alphabetizing" in accidentally chronological order.

:speechless1::speechless1::speechless1: and did I mention :speechless1:

Kunstmann's entry in the 1935 "Wer Ist's?" ONLY gives his birthdate, that he was Dr.phil. h.c. from the University of Greifswald, Ehrensenator of Stettin, and Pr?s Mitglied d. Verb. Dtsch. Reeder while STILL Konsul of Japan, Peru, and Spain. His street address was Falkenwalderstr. 36 in Stettin.

Hi Rick,

I find your additional information really very interesting... especially the one about the Schaumburg-Lippe HO 4 m. Kr.!!! wow... :jumping::jumping::jumping: speaking of rare...

Ciao,

Claudio

I guess our Mr. Arthur Kunstmann was Jewish, as I found here: in Nazi times, he "lost" his "Ehrensenator und Ehrendoktor" and was given it back postumous just in 2001. :o

That would be right guess, as he seems to be in this book to:

http://books.google.com/books?vid=ISBN3598...nn%22&hl=nl

maybe his death is recorded here as well

Guest Rick Research

And here-- where better since none of us are ever likely to see another-- is the list of SLH4mKr recipients, indeed 9

1) "BRANDT, Oberzahlmeister, Kr zu SLH4 30.3.14." {{{ as retirement present (with title "Rechnungsrat") in J?ger Btn 7, having previously received the SLH4 as Zahlmeister 10.10.06 in the same unit. His Orders Almanach entry fails to give his first name but shows birth year 1859}}}

2) "GEIDEMANN, Dom?nen Direktor 9.10.1901." {{{That's it for him, no class without crown first.}}}

3) "von KAISENBERG, Leutnant, Kr zu SLH4 15.2.06." {{{as Adjutant of Prince Stephan of Schaumburg-Lippe, having earlier received the SLH4 on 10.10.02 also as "Leutnant." This was Konradin von Kaisenberg, born 1877, resigned from the army before the war and no WW1 service, alive 1921.}}}

4) Claudio's Consul KUNSTMANN above, also an initial award without having the SLH4 earlier.

5) "von MONTBE (sic), Oberleutnant, Kr zu 1.12.13." {{{This was Albin--aka Albert-- von Montb? of Saxon Life Grenadier Regiment 100, who had received the SLH4 as "Oberleutnant" 11.6.11. Born in 1884, he was a St Henry Knight during the war as well as recipient of a Saxe Ernestine Knight 1st X.}}}

6) "REUSS, Assessor 4.8.10." {{{That's it for him.}}}

7) "ROLLFING, B?chsenmacher, Kr zu 6.12.12" {{{ This was Jos., Royal Gun-maker, whose Orders Almanac entry in 1908 had 31 :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1: awards but no personal data beyond his residence in Berlin. Recieved SLH4 as "B?chsenspanner 25.11.02."}}}

8) "Stock, Oberlehrer 30.8.02" (((Orders Almanac says only that he was William--the English spelling-- and an Oberleutnant dL aD with no other award than a Prussian LD2, living in Braunschweig.)))

and

9) "SCH?TTE, Oberzahlmeister 31.12.1901." {{{Another retirement present with title of Rechnungsrat from J?ger Btn 7. He appears to be the Orders Almanac "Rechnungsrat Gustav Sch?tte" living in Hannover, but defective DOA entry does not show the crown. No earlier SLH4 to any other Sch?tte, so that had to be him.}}}

And that is IT.

Rare AND obscure! :cheeky:

I suppose at some point I should transcribe the wretched Schaumburg-Lippe Rolls as well, but with nothing but last name, job title, and date, there would be NO WAY I'd have the lifetime to spend filling in details on thousands of those awards. :banger::speechless1:

Guest Rick Research

I may be old but I'm slow... :banger: I have G?nther Steinweg's 1954 "Die Deutsche Handelsflotte im Zweiten Weltkrieg Aufgaben und Schicksal" which lists all losses--

"Reederei A. Kunstmann Stettin" continued to function, but with exactly ONE ship--

the 2,936 BRT "Reimar Edzard Fritzen," launched in 1922. Sunk in Oslo fjord in JULY 1940 (no explanation of how that happened 3 months after the German invasion), ship was later raised and in 1954 was back in merchant service as the "Eschersheim," though postwar ownership is not mentioned.

Somehow it doesn't seem likely that the Presiding Member of the Association of German Shipping Lines in 1935 can have had only ONE ship!

Mysteries continue....

If I may bother you with this one;

"ROLLFING, B?chsenmacher, Kr zu 6.12.12" {{{ This was Jos., Royal Gun-maker, whose Orders Almanac entry in 1908 had 31 awards but no personal data beyond his residence in Berlin. Recieved SLH4 as "B?chsenspanner 25.11.02."}}}

A royal gun maker who had 31 awards ;)

That seems a good job or it must have been a swap with a poor prince; a gun for the knights class of my house order ;)

But what other awards did this man get??

Kind regards,

Jacky

Guest Rick Research

Herr Rollfing HAD 31 awards in 1908... but who knows how many MORE he had added :speechless1: by the time he got his SLH4's Crown!? :speechless1:

Anhalt, Bavaria, Baden, Brunswick, Hesse, Hohenzollern, Lippe-Detmold, Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Prussia, Saxony, Saxe-Weimar, Saxe Ernestine (which Duchy is not shown by the abbreviation), Schaumburg-Lippe, W?rttemberg, Greece, Italy, Austria-Hungary, Persia, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, annnnnnnd Turkey.