News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 year later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 11 months later...

I tought i would place 1 of my favorite helmets in this thread. It's a garde dragoner reserve offz helmet.

This was my 2nd pickelhaube i ever owned and still one of my favorites.

dragoner_regiment_2_001.jpg

dragoner_regiment_2_002.jpg

dragoner_regiment_2_003.jpg

dragoner_regiment_2_006.jpg

I know the silverwash turned black on some places, but im afraid to clean it because this helmet still has his silverwash.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

• 2 months later...

Well I am happy for the feed back. But as said Mike - say what specifically is wrong. I am aware of the fact that the shell has been painted. But everthing else I believe to be good. I have bought this from a old colector who had this helmet for decades. So I am pretty sure it is not chinese copy.

Stuka, please, be specific. Thank you. ;-)

Indeed sorry to say, but as mentioned before, everything is replica. To be more specific is maybe not easy to explain, but I'll give it a try:

- shape of the helmet is wrong

- colour of the spike is strange

- shape of the entire spike is wrong

- spike retainer plate is to small

- Rivets for the spike are to large and the pins are to thin

- chinstrap is reproduction

- liner has to many tongues

- holes in liner tongues are to large

- shape of the helmet plate is wrong, also look how sloppy the text is put on the bandeau ...

- kokarden are fake and also painted very sloppy

- the way that the visor and neckguard are fixed to the dome is ridiculous

I can even go further with this list, but I don't want to give the fakers all the details... I hope you can understand this.

Please for give me, I absolutely don't want to be rude or offend someone but I can't say it in a nicer way... this helmet is a newly produced fake (it's not even a replica) and it was made to deceive people and get their hard earned money out of their pockets.

Also you have to be aware that pickelhauben (or anything else) in old collections are not necessary original because someone owned them for decades. They were even reproduced in the 60ties and they still are today... Maybe this one isn't from China, maybe it's from India or some other country, it doesn't matter... It stays a fake...

Adler 1

Thank you Adler, for helping me out.

It is no fun to tell some one that what he proudly shows, in fact is ....rubish.

Like I said before, impossible to be specific on this "item" because everything is wrong.

When somebody shows a apple and says it is a orange....how do you tell him he is wrong.....

• 1 month later...
    9 minutes ago, Stuka f said:

Strange when you say 

and reading on your ebay add;

"I believe to be original, but I can ´t guarantee this "....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prussia-Pickelhaube-Spiked-Helmet-of-the-34-Infantry-Regiment-/292121296302?hash=item4403c93dae:g:utcAAOSwGJlZHU82

I am not declearing it is the original...starting bid 1 USD, forgot to say....

Edited by kotva75