Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Mr. Danner, is there now a list that is available for the Schwarzburg awards.  I tried searching the entire site and maybe I missed it.  The posts just seem to end but don't point to where we might find the lists. Thanks for all you do.

Hello Friends,

news on the "rolls front"

available now: Volume XXIII of our series, done by the late Rick and me:

"Verleihungen von militärischen Ehrenzeichen des Grossherzogtums Mecklenburg- Strelitz im Ersten Weltkrieg"

(award roll of military decorations from Mecklenburg- Strelitz in WW1)

Contains the awards of the different crosses for merit in the war (Kreuz für Auszeichung im Kriege), the Adolf - Friedrich Cross and the Kriegervereinsmedaille

about 180 pages, softcover

Due to the very small number printed, the price is not really cheap... 44,60 Euros

If somebody is interested, please contact me via pm.

lots of greetings

Daniel

Strelitz 1.jpg

Strelitz.jpg

Hi,

I have received the book and it's very interresting. Thanks to Daniel and Rick L( RIP).

Do you know if the Mecklemburg Schwerin and Lippe Detmold  rolls are available. Indeed I'm looking for date to Saxon officers. Thanks

Christophe

On 5/25/2016 at 13:54, Deruelle said:

Hi,

I have received the book and it's very interresting. Thanks to Daniel and Rick L( RIP).

Do you know if the Mecklemburg Schwerin and Lippe Detmold  rolls are available. Indeed I'm looking for date to Saxon officers. Thanks

Christophe

For Lippe-Detmold, which award?  I think Rick and Daniel had done the house order (for both Lippes), and I did the Kriegsehrenkreuz für heldenmütige Tat.  There are far too many awards of the Kriegsverdienstkreuz, and there is no roll, only separate receipts for each award.  For Mecklenburg-Schwerin, I don't know what is out there. I have a list of awards gazetted in the Regierungsblatt, but the published dates are often way after the award dates, there are many duplicates, no first names, many mis-identified ranks, and they stopped gazetting them in 1917.

I have completed about 90% of the Anhalt rolls. I also have about half of the SLK "officers" roll done.  I say "officers", because the roll includes Feldwebelleutnants and Offizier-Stellvertreter, so the number of officer awards is less than what the published sources say.

Dave