News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Russian Shoulder board collection

On 10/11/2020 at 08:10, JanneP said:

Hi,

I found this lot in one auction. Can some one tell more about the Finnish regiments?  How those were formated and were those part of larger units? And where they were located?

Here is translated info about 7th Finnish Infantry Regiment:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgwar.mil.ru%2Farmy%2F490%2F&sandbox=1

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    34 minutes ago, JMTALEXEEW said:

Hello everybody:

Could someone help me identifying this shoulder; it has been in my house forever.....

I believed it belonged to the Grand Duke Konstantin Nikolayevich of Russia, the second son of Nikolai I, who named him the General Admiral of the Imperial Russian Navy.....

Am I correct??

34 minutes ago, JMTALEXEEW said:

E714C2A9-0E1D-4FB0-B25C-91326ED02A2B.thumb.jpeg.aa191a70a4d0db5d45d880206baf2eae.jpeg 

1558A6F4-4AA0-42E7-A8E8-1B7EF38AA749.jpeg

It is a Shoulder Board for a Full Admiral of the Imperial Russian Navy, I dont believe that had belonged to the Great Duke Konstantin Nikolaievich, The Cypher on it Is Nicholas II Cypher .Perhaps the Board belonged to the Great Duke Alexei Alexandrovich uncle of Nicholas II who was General Admiral of the Navy fom 1884 to 1905

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your answer Bayner; you are correct, my grandmother uncle was the Admiral Konstantin Pilkin who became an Admiral in 1896 and the Great Duke Alexei Alexandrovich was the General Admiral with Nicholas II.  It shoud have been a present from GD Alexei to someone in my family back in those year .

• 2 months later...

- 16-й Финляндский Срелковый полк, 2-х батальонного состава, сформирован из рот выделенных, по одной, полками 2-й и 3-й Финляндских Стрелковых бригад;

Расквартирован в г. Або. (РСВ)

В мае 1914 г. - полку пожаловано знамя образца 1900 года, с образом Спаса Нерукотворного, кайма малиновая.

Штаб бригады расквартирован в г. Тиммерфорс (Петербургский ВО).
    Бригада вошла в состав XXII-го армейского корпуса. (Петербургский ВО). (РСВ)
    Мировая война: : 29.07.1914 г. - 4-я Финляндская Стрелковая бригада, в составе XXII-го армейского корпуса, отправлена на фронт в район г. Варшавы (Северо-Западный фронт).
    31.08.1914 г. - корпус включен в состав 10-й армии (Северо-Западный фронт). (ПСЗф16)
    12.11.1914 г. - бригаде придан дивизион из 50-й Артиллерийской бригады, названный 4-м Финляндским Стрелковым Артиллерийским дивизионом. (ПСЗф199)
    13.01.1915 г. - корпус направлен на Юго-Западный фронт в состав 8-й армии. (ПЮЗф105)

+

https://gwar.mil.ru/army/501/

upload_army_unit_image_16-y-fin-strel-polk.thumb.jpg.c2463cac5dcab2960470a2f087b82c60.jpgupload_army_unit_image_16-y-fin-strel-polk-parad.thumb.jpg.ceb9207f2c8ee3bfb6ee3919aef7b2ca.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
    On 01.09.2018 at 11:38, Sajkaca said:

Все казачьи части имели серебряную тесьму, но были двух оттенков синего. Голубой цвет обозначался для терских казаков, а голубовато-голубой - для оренбургского. Я проверил, что у Терских казаков был 152-й полк (152-й Терский казачий полк).

Dear colleague,
    on the photo - the overcoat shoulder board of the poruchik 152 of the Vladikavkaz regiment of the Russian Imperial Army.
    Yours sincerely

On 01/09/2018 at 11:38, Sajkaca said:

All Cossack units had silver lace, however there were two shades of blue. Light blue (svetlo-sinie) was designated for Tersky Cossacks and dove - blue (golubie) was designated for Orenburg Cossacks. I have checked Tersky Cossacks had 152nd regiment ( 152-й Терский казачий полк ).

Dear colleague,
    on the photo - the overcoat shoulder board of the poruchik 152 of the Vladikavkaz regiment of the Russian Imperial Army.
    Yours sincerely

• 7 months later...

Very nice ti0pic Those collections are wonderful

The Early Bulgarian Post Ottoman Period  they used  Russian made Shoulder Boards

Here are early Prince Alexander/ Prince Ferdinand items

The pouch is called "liadunka" I will be interested to know what is the meaning of this word

002.JPG

P1240931.jpg

On 21/12/2021 at 09:17, Graf said:

Hi Bayern,

Thank you

I am interested to know what is the Russian meaning of the world translated  into English

I have not a Russian Dictionary, but I guess that Liadunka means little pouch

Ляду́нка (нем. Ladung, от laden — заряжать; букв. «зарядница, патронница») — специальная коробка или сумка, из комплекта снаряжения, предназначенная для боевых припасов, состоящая на снабжении военнослужащих вооружённых сил государства.

• 4 months later...

Thank you all for posting. In addition to military headgear, I'm also interested in Imperial Russian militaria. I've found it difficult at times to distinguish between Soviet vs Imperial Russian Epaulettes.

Are there dimensions/measurements or patterns that clearly differentiate one from the other?