News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Did i got that right, in post #18 that is a Hohenzollern Ehrenkreuz with Swords and Crown? Or is it the Merit Cross with Swords and Crown?

Gerd

I have examples of the Hohenzollern Ehrenmedaille in silver and gold, with and without swords, and I am fairly confident I understand the Ehrenkreuz, but what is the difference between the Ehrenkreuz and the Verdienstkreuz?

Can anyone show an example?

Thanks in advance,

David

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first bar shown below came from Detlev Niemann some time ago. Unfortunately, I didn't realise it was one of a split pair when I bought it. The "one that got away" also had a Frontk?mpfer ribbon and a blue service award ribbon, if I remember correctly. The ribbons are 16 mm wide.

It could be an army or navy bar, and I am sure Rick (the GOOD one) more or less identified one with a blue backing some time ago.

Minty bars are nice, but these salty ones have really "been there". I wish I only knew where.

This bar is made of 26 mm wide ribbons and nothing glows more than it should.

It looks a bit homemade to me, and an informed source on another forum was not too keen on it. But since it only cost beer money, I am not too bothered about its integrity.

Does the device look OK?

Many thanks for your comments and opinions.

/David

• 7 years later...