News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I will show you,

Hi Chris,

Brilliant display!!

Are all the "backdrop" items battlefield ground dug? There look to be some seriously large chunks of metal there (the ?polished ones) - any idea what they are from? I'm think you've finally found a GOOD use for barbed wire!!

Good job you've made the bullets inert - they don't exactly look stable!

Regards

Mike

Chris,

I thought I had seen every possible way to display an Iron Cross.... :o Guess not. Great display, I just hope none of the rust transfers to the EKs. :unsure: I too have a "thing" about Verdun, a relic from anywhere else just doesn't have the same meaning to me. How do you clean the shell splinters, etc.? Most of mine are just rusty blobs.

Dan

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Chris,

I thought I had seen every possible way to display an Iron Cross.... :o Guess not. Great display, I just hope none of the rust transfers to the EKs. :unsure: I too have a "thing" about Verdun, a relic from anywhere else just doesn't have the same meaning to me. How do you clean the shell splinters, etc.? Most of mine are just rusty blobs.

Dan

Hi,

some have spent the night in concentrated vinegar, some have just been painted with anti-rust paint.

Best

Chtis

I guess I should have looked a litle harder, they are all EK2's. Nice display. Why did you give up on EK1's?

I had moved from EKs to Luftwaffe, to EK Docs...

The pictured ones are not really ones I have looked for... they have more or less followed me home... you know the scenario... you want to buy an EK doc on Ebay and the seller insists on selling it with an EK that never belnged to the guy...

• 5 months later...

because we are in germany I had to twist off the heads of the bullets, empty them out and glue them back in.

Still, better that way in case the house catches fire.

Soon after the war, a friend of my dad's was into empting ammunition.... including 22mms and slightly bigger stuff too! That's until one of them somehow did not like his efforts very much and erm.... kind of reacted to his gentle touch and decided to scar him in a few places!!! Are you sure that you still have all 12 fingers Chris?? ;-)

Original display by the way! Especially considering they are all battlefield finds!

Jim :cheers: