News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

I spoke to Andreas Thies this afternoon, at which time he informed me that he has decided to withdraw lot #43 in his next auction and offer the items in this lot on an individual basis at a future time. It is with his consent that I am posting this announcement.

Regards,

Wild Card

Edited by Wild Card

• 3 weeks later...

Now I have to hope that he (Thies) will not sell separately the two ribbon bars' halfs of Janzen... Let's pray and hope! :unsure:

More money to spend in order to reunite some ribbon bars with their bigger brother (medal bar).!!! :speechless1::speechless:

Ciao,

Claudio

I'll cross my fingers for you, eitze :)

BTW, isn't it strange that so many Auction Houses (where you can bid by e-mail or a form on their website) don't inform you about your wins/losses at least a couple of days after the auction has ended?

I have participated in quite a few of these auctions and the level of service varies considerably. Floyd, Johnson & Payne always mails you soon after the auction telling you what you won and didn't win, whereas Zeige and others don't inform you at all. You'll have to wait for the published result and even then you can't be sure, if the lot ended on your max. bid. Did I get it or did someone else put in a similar bid earlier? Then you can wait for the package to arrive in the mail, but since many of these auctions are in foreign countries it can take 4-8 weeks. During this period you have no idea if you won your lot or if you can spend the money on something else...

I have sometimes tried to mail them about the result 1-2 weeks after the auction but have always got a reply that can be boiled down to "Just wait for the mailman, can't you see we're busy!" (although using more polite words...). :(

/Mike

We could once make a statistic while on a auction, but just very few items were won from people who bid by mail, maybe less than 20%. Most of the winners were at the auction or on the phone!

Ciao,

Claudio

Right, absolutely crazy, I won nothing although my bids were much higher than the prices I would have paid one year ago. Where does all this end?

We could once make a statistic while on a auction, but just very few items were won from people who bid by mail, maybe less than 20%. Most of the winners were at the auction or on the phone!

Ciao,

Claudio

That's true, whenever i tendered by mail I was not the high bidder in most cases. On the other hand I sometimes paid prices which were much too high when I was at the auction in person. By the way, congratulaions for the miniature chain!!! :beer:

Right, absolutely crazy, I won nothing although my bids were much higher than the prices I would have paid one year ago. Where does all this end?

I bid 730 Euro for the Waldeck VK 3. Klasse - it went for 750 :banger:

In April the same piece was sold for 650 Euro!

I was nether in person at an auction and I can say, that 2/3 of my postal bids were a winner

But the prices are not normal these days and I don`t want to pay every asked price.

If you could wait, it will come back some day !!!

greetings

eitze