News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

hello all,

I am still wondering about the complete list of Otto Von Bismarck Awards! I have been told so far the following awards:

Prussian Life Saving Medal

both versions of PLM, peace & war merit.

Prussia, Orden of the Black Eagle

Baden, House Orden of Fidelity

EKI & EKII

so I would like to know if any other member can help me to make a complete list of his awards, as complete as it can be.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Humberto Corado

• 2 weeks later...

Here Bismarck full list of awards in "Ranklist speech":

SAOBr, plmE, plm KuW, WO, RAOGKEKrSzX, RAOGKEBr, HOH1aBr, HOH3X, EK1 70, RM, Joh, LD1, 66K, 64, AB1, BTBrmK, BHBr, BrHGK, HG1, HL1, HP1X, HgL, MK1b, OV1XKr, SRKBr, GSF1Br, EH1mK, WK1Br, BL1X, DD1, FE1, GE1, JC, JAn, LEK1, SM1, NL1, USt1Br, ?EK1, PCBr, PAPBr, PL1, PT1, RumSt1, RAdBr, SSer, SWA1, SE1, SGV, TNIBr, TO1Br, TunHO, ZSt1

Best regards

Daniel

Here Bismarck full list of awards in "Ranklist speech":

SAOBr, plmE, plm KuW, WO, RAOGKEKrSzX, RAOGKEBr, HOH1aBr, HOH3X, EK1 70, RM, Joh, LD1, 66K, 64, AB1, BTBrmK, BHBr, BrHGK, HG1, HL1, HP1X, HgL, MK1b, OV1XKr, SRKBr, GSF1Br, EH1mK, WK1Br, BL1X, DD1, FE1, GE1, JC, JAn, LEK1, SM1, NL1, USt1Br, ?EK1, PCBr, PAPBr, PL1, PT1, RumSt1, RAdBr, SSer, SWA1, SE1, SGV, TNIBr, TO1Br, TunHO, ZSt1

Best regards

Daniel

Thank you so much Daniel for this list!! I am not familiar in what comes to imperial awards short names so could it be possible to "translate" this awards names?

Paul, thank you very much for sharing this great photos!! amazing!!

Thank you so much Daniel for this list!! I am not familiar in what comes to imperial awards short names so could it be possible to "translate" this awards names?

Paul, thank you very much for sharing this great photos!! amazing!!

Prussian orders, decorations and medals:

SAOBr ? Schwarzer-Adler-Orden mit Brillanten

plmE ? Orden Pour le M?rite mit Eichenlaub

plm KuW ? Orden Pour le M?rite f?r Wissenschaften und K?nste

WO ? Wilhelm-Orden

RAOGKEKrSzX ? Roter-Adler-Orden, Gro?kreuz mit Eichenlaub, Krone, Szepter und Schwertern

RAOGKEBr ? Roter-Adler-Orden, Gro?kreuz mit Eichenlaub und Brillanten

HOH1aBr ? K?niglicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern Gro?komturkreuz mit Brillanten

HOH3X ? K?niglicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern

EK1 70 ? 1870 Eisernes Kreuz I. Klasse (as well as, by implication, the II. Klasse)

RM ? Rettungsmedaille

Joh ? Johanniterorden

LD1 ? Landwehrdienstauszeichnung 1. Klasse

66K ? K?niggr?tz-Kreuz

64 ? Kriegsdenkm?nze 1864

Other German states' orders, decorations and medals:

AB1 ? Anhalt, Gro?kreuz des Hausordens "Albrecht des B?ren"

BTBrmK ? Baden, Hausorden der Treue mit Brillanten und mit der Kette

BHBr ? Bavaria, Haus-Ritter-Orden vom heiligen Hubertus mit Brillanten

BrHGK ? Brunswick, Gro?kreuz des Hausordens Heinrich des L?wen

HG1 ? Hannover, Gro?kreuz des Guelphenordens

HL1 ? Hesse-Darmstadt, Gro?kreuz des Ludewigs-Orden

HP1X ? Hesse-Darmstadt, Gro?kreuz des Verdienstordens Philipps des Gro?m?tigen mit Schwertern

HgL ? Hesse-Darmstadt, Goldener-L?wen-Orden

MK1b ? Mecklenburg Grand Duchies, Gro?kreuz des Hausordens der Wendischen Krone mit der Krone in Gold

OV1XKr ? Oldenburg, Gro?kreuz des Haus- und Verdienstordens von Herzog Peter Friedrich Ludwig mit der Krone und mit Schwertern

SRKBr ? Saxony, Orden der Rautenkrone mit Brillanten

GSF1Br ? Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, Gro?kreuz des Gro?herzoglich S?chsischen Hausordens der Wachsamkeit oder vom Wei?en Falken mit Brillanten

EH1mK ? Saxon Duchies, Gro?kreuz des Herzoglich Sachsen-Ernestinischen Hausordens mit der Kette

WK1Br ? W?rttemberg, Gro?kreuz des Ordens der W?rttembergischen Krone mit Brillanten

Foreign orders, decorations and medals:

BL1X ? Belgium, Grand Cross of the Order of Leopold with Swords

DD1 ? Denmark, Grand Cross of the Order of the Dannebrog

FE1 ? France, Grand Cross of the L?gion d'Honneur

GE1 ? Greece, Grand Cross of the Order of the Redeemer

JC ? Japan, Order of the Chrysanthemum

JAn ? Italy, Order of the Annunziata

LEK1 ? Luxembourg, Grand Cross of the Order of the Oak Crown

SM1 ? San Marino, Grand Cross of the Order of San Marino

NL1 ? Netherlands, Grand Cross of the Order of the Lion

USt1Br ? Austria-Hungary, Grand Cross of the Order of St. Stephan with Brilliants

?EK1 ? Austria-Hungary, Grand Cross of the Order of the Iron Crown

PCBr ? Papal Order of Christ with Brilliants

PAPBr ? Persia, Order of the Portrait of the Shah with Brilliants

PL1 ? Persia, Grand Cross of the Order of the Lion and Sun

PT1 ? Portugal, Grand Cross of the Order of the Tower and Sword

RumSt1 ? Romania, Grand Cross of the Order of the Star of Romania

RAdBr ? Russia, Order of St. Andrew with Brilliants

SSer ? Sweden, Order of the Seraphim

SWA1 ? Serbia, Grand Cross of the Order of the White Eagle

SE1 ? Siam (Thailand), Grand Cross of the Order of the White Elephant

SGV ? Spain, Order of the Golden Fleece

TNIBr ? Ottoman Empire (Turkey), Nishan-i-Iftikhar with Brilliants

TO1Br ? Ottoman Empire (Turkey), Order of Osmania 1st Class with Brilliants

TunHO ? Tunisia, House Order

ZSt1 ? Zanzibar, Order of the Brilliant Star 1st Class

Dave,

Thank you very much for your help with the imperial awards short names !!! very much apreciated!!

About Wilhelm Orden, very impresive collar! was a unique award for Bismarck??

No, it was founded in 1896 by Kaiser Wilhelm II in honor of his grandfather, Wilhelm I, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of his coronation as German Kaiser in 1871. Werlich (Orders and Medals of All Nations, 1974) states that it was intended primarily for foreign heads of state, but could also be awarded to Germans in certain exceptional cases for outstanding services to society.

No, it was founded in 1896 by Kaiser Wilhelm II in honor of his grandfather, Wilhelm I, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of his coronation as German Kaiser in 1871. Werlich (Orders and Medals of All Nations, 1974) states that it was intended primarily for foreign heads of state, but could also be awarded to Germans in certain exceptional cases for outstanding services to society.

Thanks again Dave!!

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

Some years ago I had the good fortune to visit the museum at Bismarck's estate which is a short drive from Hamburg. I seem to recall that it was also accessible by the local train system. Either way, I highly recommend a visit by anyone who is interested in this forum. Paul?s posts #8 through #10 show a part of what is one of the largest collections of the highest Imperial German and related foreign decorations available to public view. I trust that it is all still there (Paul?).

A few things that I remember in particular:

1. The grand cross to the Hannoverian Order of the Guelphs was displayed on the Brunswick Henry the Lion sash and vise versa. Hopefully corrected by now.

2. The most god awful life sized portrait of Kaiser Wilhelm II ever; but considering how the relationship between The Kaiser and Bismarck ended, I suspect justifiable familial revenge.

3. One decoration above so many others was his 1870 Iron Cross first class mounted on his cuirass. Simple but elegant.

As I said before, if you ever have the opportunity, take it.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

• 2 months later...