News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Wow! I had NO idea there were so many different ribbons. :speechless1:

I have never paid much attention to any of the self-purchased vanity awards--

SOMEBODY needs to do a scientific study of these Weimar for-profit "awards."

Cladio,

I would be interested to know what it says on the other side of this "Kraftfahr Abt." REK, since this is not a regiment or a battalion. I too have an REK bar to an Abteilung. I wonder which medal would have gone with it?

By the way, I am looking for a loose "Treu dem Bataillon" REK to go with a J?ger unit bar that I have.

Chip

Hi Chip,

In German the term Abt. (Abteilung) is to indicate a unit of a size of Battalion. This term is especially used for artillery units or special units attached to a Division.

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Chip,

In German the term Abt. (Abteilung) is to indicate a unit of a size of Battalion. This term is especially used for artillery units or special units attached to a Division.

Ciao,

Claudio

But it does not need to be so,

An Abteilung can also be a unit way smaller than a Battalion.

Fernsprechabt. Sanit?ts Abt. etc were all much smaller than Bataillons.

Ditto when Sturmabteilung Rohr increased its number to Bataillon strength it then became Sturm-Bataillon Rohr.

Hello, I received this Infantery regiments cross.

Is the blue ribbon correct? What do you think!

Thanks Jens

Edited by KIR

Is the blue ribbon correct? What do you think!

No Jens, I don't think so. Blue is for a navy cross (or a Pussian long service or something like this, of course). This cross should have, if I understood it rigth, the ribbon with red and yellow ...

Thanks guys. I know what an Abteilung can be. I was just wondering if there was an REK with a different unit size mentioned. Now that I study Claudio's reverse picture, I see that his Abteilung bar is being worn in conjunction with a "Bataillon" cross. So now I need two crosses that have "Treu dem Bataillon".

Jens,

Anything seems to be possible with these REK ribbons, but I personally have not seen one on a bar with a solid color ribbon. I would think one of the ribbons seen on the medal bars above that are used with infantry unit bars would be more appropriate.

Chip

07040ty2.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-04

Edited by Chip

Hi Sascha, generally you are right, but I think (like Chip) everything is possible.

The medal & ribbon looked unworn and untouched (unbefummelt)! ;-)

Thank to both!

Jens

Jens,

I like your 145.I.R. bar. I met a family member who was in the regiment before (1909-1911) and during the war. He was 92 years old when I met him in 1980. During is service with the regiment, he rose from private to the rank of Feldwebelleutnant.

Chip

Chip,

oh, that sounds great - please tell me more! ;-)

I'm really interested of any information about this regiment!

My grandfather was (during the 1. WW) he rose from private to the rank of lieutenant in this regiment.

Jens

Edited by KIR

• 1 year later...
    • 1 month later...

Ulster,

Bob's father was in the Garde Reserve Pionier Regiment, I believe. This was the unit that provided specially trained troops for offensive actions, training purposes, etc. The Flammenwerfer sections were parceled out as needed and other troops lent their expertise to regular infantry units and often went into action with them.

Chip